Coal News We love to talk!
To curb malpractices at petrol and gas stations, the government today said oil marketing companies (OMCs) have agreed to install high-security devices to check refill of fuel and gas.
The deadline for installation of new security devices will be decided next week. Presently, security devices are installed at petrol and gas stations but have become prone to tampering and manipulation. These devices will be replaced with new ones in view of rising frauds at petrol/gas stations.
"Oil marketing companies have agreed to install high security devices. The timeline for installation will be decided next week," Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan told reporters at a press conference. Three devices -- Electronic Flow Meters, Tamper-proof Electronic Seals and Pulsar -- have been tested by the Legal Metrology Department, a senior Consumer Affairs Ministry official told .
The department has floated tenders for procuring the Electronic Flow Meters and the bids for the other two devices will be issued shortly, he said. This has been finalised after two months of consultation by both Petroleum and Consumer Affairs Ministries with OMCs.
Already, major OMCs such as Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) have started giving training in different states, he added.
- Oil blocks languish in India even as imports surge Read more
- Rosneft may supply Venezuelan oil to India's Essar executive Read more
- GAIL moves SC against PNGRBs decision Read more
- New promoter gets majority in Lanco for just Rs 150 crore Read more
- ONGC to buy into Adani-Welspuns oil block off Mumbai coast Read more
- Government has no intention of taking over PNGRBs role: Oil Ministry Read more
- Excise duty hike on petrol, diesel to cost OMCs Rs 10,000 cr this year Read more
- Cairn seeks revision in Rajasthan block crude oil pricing formula Read more
- Diesel prices hiked by Rs 1.09 per litre Read more
- Gail India Q2 profit up 179% on cost savings, petrochem Read more