Power News We love to talk!
State-owned NTPC Ltd will look to phase out 1460 MW of old depreciated plants over time. One plant of 460 MW at Talcher (Odisha) and another of 1000 MW at Singrauli (Madhya Pradesh) will be retired.
According to K Biswal, Director (Finance), will be setting up two plants – of 1320 MW each – in both these places, that is, Talcher and Singrauli. The Talcher unit is expected to come up by 2021, while tenders have been floated for the Singrauli plant.
With approximately Rs. 7 crore being spent for setting up each MW of power, the investment across these projects are expected to be in the tune of Rs. 20,000 crore. “The Talcher unit will be built in two phases of 660 MW each. By 2021, it should be ready. In Singrauli, we have just floated the tender. We have the requisite land in both these places,” he told reporters on the sidelines of the ‘mjunction’ organised by the Indian Coal Markets Conference here.
Chhabra plant buy
NTPC, Biswal said, is planning to acquire the 1,000 megawatt (MW) Chhabra thermal power plant from the Rajasthan government. Two more units of 660 MW each will be transferred to NTPC after their completion. The four units of the Chhabra power plant, with a total capacity of 1000 MW, were commissioned between 2010 and 2014 at over Rs. 5,700 crore.
“We will be paying around Rs. 4,000 crore for the Chhabra unit at the depreciated book value subject to approval of the CRC. We will fund the acquisition through a mixture of debt and equity,” he said.
- CERC orders probe into grid failure, wants report by August 8 Read more
- ONGC's aggressive plan to explore more gas in Tripura Read more
- 'Imported gas auction to help power plants service interest obligation Read more
- Generation cost ofimported coal-based power plants to go up Read more
- Power Finance Corporation exceeds loan sanction target by Rs 5,000 crore in FY'15 Read more
- Loss of power supply from private companies wont hit Gujarat, says state's power utility chief Read more
- Government to focus on creating water grid on par with power grid: Nitin Gadkari Read more
- Cairn India starts work to ramp up ouput from oil field Read more
- Restructuring package for state discoms will have minimal effect on fiscal consolidation path: India Ratings & Research, Fitch group company Read more
- India in talks with ADB, World Bank for $2 bn loan for PGCIL Read more