Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power R K Singh today pitched for speedy implementation of various schemes being undertaken in Jammu and Kashmir's power sector for realising the Prime Minister's initiative of providing electricity to every household by December 2018.
Singh asked the concerned officials to take necessary measures for ensuring that the Prime Minister's initiative of 'power for all' is realised and electricity is provided to the consumers, an official spokesman said.
"We have to ensure that every household of the state is electrified by December 2018 for which the consumers would be provided the connections free of cost and the programme would be demand driven," the minister said.
Singh was speaking at a meeting convened to review the status of various initiatives undertaken in the power sector by the state government, the spokesman said. The minister directed the officers to ensure timely completion of Central government schemes in the power sector.
He said the officers and executing agencies should work in a coordinated manner to ensure successful closure and completion of the developmental initiatives.
Singh also assured the state of every possible support of the Union Ministry. He said the Centre would very liberally provide the requisite funds and other logistics for upgrading and augmenting the power generation and transmission as well.
Singh also called for exploring the possibility of installing smart and prepaid meters so that the revenue realisation is increased and the losses can be compensated. He also called for exploring other power generating avenues like solar and wind besides hydro-electricity.
The Union Minister also called on state Governor N N Vohra at the Raj Bhavan here. Singh briefed the Governor about the steps being taken by the Union government for meeting the challenge of improving power supply all over the country.
- Supreme Court asks Essar to pay Rs1038.27 crore to Gujarat govt as power duty Read more
- Power demand in North East region to rise by 4,000 MW in 5 years, says official Read more
- With water in hydel reservoirs down, State stares at power crisis Read more
- Looking to apply Gandhinagar solar power model in Delhi: Government Read more
- Tata Power generation rises to 13,113 million units in Apr-Jun quarter Read more
- JSPL's EPC arm joins hands with German emissions control systems major Read more
- Nowhere near a power trip Read more
- CERC invites comments on Draft Regulations for Forecasting, Scheduling & Imbalance Handling for RE Generating Stations based on wind and solar at Inter-State Level along with draft amendments to the enabling provisions in relevant regulations Read more
- Hindalco wins Gare Palma-IV/5 mine in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Auctions helped bring down solar project costs, says study Read more