Coal News We love to talk!
Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today launched prepaid smart cards for Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) consumers in Delhi. The cards introduced by gas distributor Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) are expected to allow customers to save time at CNG stations.
“Prepaid smart card (Retail and Fleet) launched by IGL for CNG consumers will be easily available and benefit common man in saving time in transactions at the CNG stations,” Pradhan said.
He added the launch is an important step taken by state-owned gas utility GAIL and IGL and that the initiative is part of Digital India Campaign envisaged by PM Narendra Modi.
“The answer to Delhi’s pollution lies in migrating its power plants, industrial units besides domestic and transport usages to clean fuel. He said the government is firm in its commitment to provide clean CNG and PNG for cooking and transport at customers’ convenience to promote gas-based economy,” Pradhan said.
Pradhan also distributed smart cards to some of the fleet and retail customers of IGL. The launch ceremony was attended by Members of Parliament from Delhi Manoj Kumar Tiwari and Parvesh Verma; Chairman and Managing Director of GAIL (India) B.C. Tripathi; Managing Director of IGL, E.S. Ranganathan, among others.
- LNG-buses to debut in Kerala, import capacity to be doubled: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- What is Plan B for the UDAY scheme, if it fails to resolve the electricity discom mess? Read more
- LIC gave Rs 8,077-cr lifeline to IndianOil Read more
- Govt to electrify all villages by 2016 end: Piyush Goyal Read more
- New record: Delhis peak power demand at 6,260 MW Read more
- CARE report on punjab Read more
- Bharat Petroleum second quarter net profit jumps 26 per cent on higher crude throughput Read more
- India signs oil storage pact with United Arab Emirates Read more
- Government appoints ministerial panel as RIL, Essar CBM price differ Read more
- Indian Oil Corporation to invest $4 billion in British Columbia province in Canada Read more