Coal News We love to talk!
Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today launched prepaid smart cards for Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) consumers in Delhi. The cards introduced by gas distributor Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) are expected to allow customers to save time at CNG stations.
“Prepaid smart card (Retail and Fleet) launched by IGL for CNG consumers will be easily available and benefit common man in saving time in transactions at the CNG stations,” Pradhan said.
He added the launch is an important step taken by state-owned gas utility GAIL and IGL and that the initiative is part of Digital India Campaign envisaged by PM Narendra Modi.
“The answer to Delhi’s pollution lies in migrating its power plants, industrial units besides domestic and transport usages to clean fuel. He said the government is firm in its commitment to provide clean CNG and PNG for cooking and transport at customers’ convenience to promote gas-based economy,” Pradhan said.
Pradhan also distributed smart cards to some of the fleet and retail customers of IGL. The launch ceremony was attended by Members of Parliament from Delhi Manoj Kumar Tiwari and Parvesh Verma; Chairman and Managing Director of GAIL (India) B.C. Tripathi; Managing Director of IGL, E.S. Ranganathan, among others.
- States derail Railways move to procure cheap power Read more
- LPG pipeline project awaits environmental nod Read more
- Government deregulates diesel; prices to be linked to market Read more
- GAIL's subsidy capped, Q2? profit down 7% Read more
- HPCL acquisition to make ONGC third largest refining company in India: DD Misra, Director ONGC Read more
- Power staff decry PIL opposing absorption Read more
- Delhi Metro puts green energy on new track Read more
- Delhi government eyeing coal block to set up own power plant Read more
- Nepal, India to ink deal to construct petroleum pipeline Read more
- IOC suspends senior executive on charges of leaking information to private firm Read more