Coal News We love to talk!
Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today launched prepaid smart cards for Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) consumers in Delhi. The cards introduced by gas distributor Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) are expected to allow customers to save time at CNG stations.
“Prepaid smart card (Retail and Fleet) launched by IGL for CNG consumers will be easily available and benefit common man in saving time in transactions at the CNG stations,” Pradhan said.
He added the launch is an important step taken by state-owned gas utility GAIL and IGL and that the initiative is part of Digital India Campaign envisaged by PM Narendra Modi.
“The answer to Delhi’s pollution lies in migrating its power plants, industrial units besides domestic and transport usages to clean fuel. He said the government is firm in its commitment to provide clean CNG and PNG for cooking and transport at customers’ convenience to promote gas-based economy,” Pradhan said.
Pradhan also distributed smart cards to some of the fleet and retail customers of IGL. The launch ceremony was attended by Members of Parliament from Delhi Manoj Kumar Tiwari and Parvesh Verma; Chairman and Managing Director of GAIL (India) B.C. Tripathi; Managing Director of IGL, E.S. Ranganathan, among others.
- Coal India workers threaten five-day strike; power cuts likely Read more
- Government accuses RIL of armtwisting over natural gas pricing norms Read more
- Mahanadi Coalfields may shut mining after protests Read more
- India, US to forge $1-bn renewable energy pact Read more
- BP CEO, Ambani might meet PM on gas policy Read more
- Spectrum harmonisers, Bihar power districts & cashless transaction village in PM's awards shortlist Read more
- One man committee to prepare white paper on power sector Read more
- RIL may arrest decline in gas output from KG-D6 field Read more
- Mahan I project to be fully operational this fiscal: Essar Power Read more
- Hiranandani to pump in Rs 7,000 crore for green energy in Bengal Read more