Coal News We love to talk!
Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today launched prepaid smart cards for Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) consumers in Delhi. The cards introduced by gas distributor Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) are expected to allow customers to save time at CNG stations.
“Prepaid smart card (Retail and Fleet) launched by IGL for CNG consumers will be easily available and benefit common man in saving time in transactions at the CNG stations,” Pradhan said.
He added the launch is an important step taken by state-owned gas utility GAIL and IGL and that the initiative is part of Digital India Campaign envisaged by PM Narendra Modi.
“The answer to Delhi’s pollution lies in migrating its power plants, industrial units besides domestic and transport usages to clean fuel. He said the government is firm in its commitment to provide clean CNG and PNG for cooking and transport at customers’ convenience to promote gas-based economy,” Pradhan said.
Pradhan also distributed smart cards to some of the fleet and retail customers of IGL. The launch ceremony was attended by Members of Parliament from Delhi Manoj Kumar Tiwari and Parvesh Verma; Chairman and Managing Director of GAIL (India) B.C. Tripathi; Managing Director of IGL, E.S. Ranganathan, among others.
- Delhi govt extends power amnesty scheme till May 31 Read more
- TAPI project: Why Dharmendra Pradhan's Pakistan visit will end up as mere talk shop Read more
- Ministry wants competitive bidding for renewable energy procurement Read more
- Gamesa to make 1500V solar inverters at Nellore facility Read more
- Government planning $1 billion fund for renewable energy sector: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Suzlon to exit debt restructuring by March 2017: Tulsi Tanti Read more
- India, emerging economies can attract billions of dollars for solar, wind power Read more
- Indian power sector gaining ground in South Africa Read more
- Oil futures edge higher after falling on tepid demand fears Read more
- Policy on auction of coal linkages to power sector in 2-3 months Read more