Coal News We love to talk!
Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today launched prepaid smart cards for Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) consumers in Delhi. The cards introduced by gas distributor Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) are expected to allow customers to save time at CNG stations.
“Prepaid smart card (Retail and Fleet) launched by IGL for CNG consumers will be easily available and benefit common man in saving time in transactions at the CNG stations,” Pradhan said.
He added the launch is an important step taken by state-owned gas utility GAIL and IGL and that the initiative is part of Digital India Campaign envisaged by PM Narendra Modi.
“The answer to Delhi’s pollution lies in migrating its power plants, industrial units besides domestic and transport usages to clean fuel. He said the government is firm in its commitment to provide clean CNG and PNG for cooking and transport at customers’ convenience to promote gas-based economy,” Pradhan said.
Pradhan also distributed smart cards to some of the fleet and retail customers of IGL. The launch ceremony was attended by Members of Parliament from Delhi Manoj Kumar Tiwari and Parvesh Verma; Chairman and Managing Director of GAIL (India) B.C. Tripathi; Managing Director of IGL, E.S. Ranganathan, among others.
- JP Power looks to defer payment on $200-mn bonds Read more
- India offers Rs 1 lakh cr business in bio-fuel, bio-energy: Pradhan Read more
- Government takes steps to boost coal supplies to power plants Read more
- Big companies rushing out of Arunachal's Hydel projects due to delay in land acquisitions and environmental clearances Read more
- Thermal power plants leading to spike in SO2, NO2: study Read more
- Congress begins signature campaign against fuel price rise Read more
- OPINION: E-Vehicle challenge and opportunity Read more
- Sterling and Wilson to add wind power to its portfolio Read more
- Inox Wind commissions 220 kv substation in Gujarat Read more
- Discom issues advisory ahead of monsoon Read more