Power News We love to talk!
The renewables industry received a pleasant surprise last week when 71,326 ‘renewable energy certificates' were traded on the two exchanges, IEX (62,277) and PXIL (8,949). That volume in the very first month of the financial year was encouraging. But a major seller was only one company, Orient Green Power Ltd, which sold 20,939 REC in the market, worth about Rs 4.5 crore.
Orient Green Power of the Chennai-based Shriram Group, has substantial wind and biomass capacities in Tamil Nadu and is (consequently) suffering from delayed payments from the state distribution company, TANGEDCO. The REC mechanism has come in handy for the company. In the current year, the company is expected to generate over 6 lakh RECs, worth about Rs 100 crore.
- International Energy Agency sees green energy fuelling growth in 5 years Read more
- ACME Solar to develop 30 MW solar projects in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Power Ministers to meet in Kochi today Read more
- Over 12,000 solar pumps distributed to farmers in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Govt cuts natural gas prices by 16% to $4.24 per unit Read more
- Power supply to be streamlined in Kochi Read more
- Government mulls generating power from tidal waves: Nitin Gadkari Read more
- Approval of Capital Expenditure of Unit #1 (45 MW), True up of Provisional Tariff Order for FY 13 and Multi Year Tariff Petition for FY 14 - 16 for Sale of Firm Power generated by plant of BLA Power Pvt. Ltd. To M.P. Power Management Co. Ltd, Jabalpur Read more
- Sun Pharmaceuticals founder Dilip Shanghvi in talks to acquire stake in Suzlon Energy Read more
- Power utilities to raise funds as bond yields rise Read more