Power News We love to talk!
The Tamil Nadu government has approached the Centre demanding immediate intervention to get adequate coal supply for its power discom Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) to run its thermal power stations.
Ads by ZINC
In a memorandum to Union minister of state for power RK Singh, Tamil Nadu electricity minister P Thangamani has sought the Centre’s intervention to instruct Coal India and railway authorities to supply 100% of the linkage quantity of domestic coal from the coal companies to Tangedco.
“Due to less realisation from the coal companies, out of the 12 Tangedco 210-MW units, six-seven units have been under shutdown and the current average coal stock at Tangedco’s thermal power stations is only 3.3 days’ requirement as on October 11 against the normal level of 30 days’ stock,” he said.
He further said the Tamil Nadu chief minister had sent a letter to the Union minister for railways and coal to advise the coal and railway authorities to allocate around 72,000 tonnes of coal per day by allotting 20 rakes to Tangedco to manage the current critical coal and power situation.
However, despite all this, the average despatch of rakes from the coal companies during September was only 9 rakes per day and the same in October (up to October 10) was only 9.5 rakes per day.
- Odd-even system in Tripura to distribute fuel Read more
- Indias first HVDC power transmission line to be operational on Aug 31 Read more
- IREDA listing gets cabinet approval in fresh push for renewable energy Read more
- International body pats India for its transition to combat climate change Read more
- Declining trend in coal stock position at power plants in FY17 Read more
- Oil rules: If tax, other policies not fixed, India cant attract investors Read more
- Court orders framing of charges against ex-Coal secy, others Read more
- Essar Oil to invest Rs 1k cr in West Bengal Read more
- Power Grid to invest over Rs 1,000 crore in next few years Read more
- Water crisis shut down many thermal power plants: Government Read more