Power News We love to talk!
The Tamil Nadu government has approached the Centre demanding immediate intervention to get adequate coal supply for its power discom Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) to run its thermal power stations.
Ads by ZINC
In a memorandum to Union minister of state for power RK Singh, Tamil Nadu electricity minister P Thangamani has sought the Centre’s intervention to instruct Coal India and railway authorities to supply 100% of the linkage quantity of domestic coal from the coal companies to Tangedco.
“Due to less realisation from the coal companies, out of the 12 Tangedco 210-MW units, six-seven units have been under shutdown and the current average coal stock at Tangedco’s thermal power stations is only 3.3 days’ requirement as on October 11 against the normal level of 30 days’ stock,” he said.
He further said the Tamil Nadu chief minister had sent a letter to the Union minister for railways and coal to advise the coal and railway authorities to allocate around 72,000 tonnes of coal per day by allotting 20 rakes to Tangedco to manage the current critical coal and power situation.
However, despite all this, the average despatch of rakes from the coal companies during September was only 9 rakes per day and the same in October (up to October 10) was only 9.5 rakes per day.
- Delhi witnesses a decline in sale of e-vehicles Read more
- Half of Coal India's dues are from 4 state-run power companies Read more
- REC may take over Abhijeet Group project to recover dues Read more
- TNERC Proposes Tariff for Wind, Biomass & Bagasse Based Power Read more
- PSERC allows PSPCL to procure power from solar PV projects totalling 229 MW Read more
- Taking the solar power route Read more
- Coal bed methane extraction: New hitch for ONGC plan Read more
- TN tops in solar capacity addition Read more
- NPCIL holding programmes to sensitise people on nuclear energy Read more
- Low cost funds for revamping wind power projects Read more