Power News We love to talk!
The Tamil Nadu government has approached the Centre demanding immediate intervention to get adequate coal supply for its power discom Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) to run its thermal power stations.
Ads by ZINC
In a memorandum to Union minister of state for power RK Singh, Tamil Nadu electricity minister P Thangamani has sought the Centre’s intervention to instruct Coal India and railway authorities to supply 100% of the linkage quantity of domestic coal from the coal companies to Tangedco.
“Due to less realisation from the coal companies, out of the 12 Tangedco 210-MW units, six-seven units have been under shutdown and the current average coal stock at Tangedco’s thermal power stations is only 3.3 days’ requirement as on October 11 against the normal level of 30 days’ stock,” he said.
He further said the Tamil Nadu chief minister had sent a letter to the Union minister for railways and coal to advise the coal and railway authorities to allocate around 72,000 tonnes of coal per day by allotting 20 rakes to Tangedco to manage the current critical coal and power situation.
However, despite all this, the average despatch of rakes from the coal companies during September was only 9 rakes per day and the same in October (up to October 10) was only 9.5 rakes per day.
- Public hearing by Odisha regulator on power tariff hike from Feb 5 Read more
- Indias transforming power sector has a new vanguard energy storage. Heres how the government can protect it Read more
- Power ministry to seek Cabinet nod for debt rejig plan tweak Read more
- Work on TAPI pipeline to begin in December Read more
- BHEL bags Rs 7,800 cr contract for power project Read more
- Fuel Cost Adjustment @ 2 paise for consumers in Punjab Read more
- Centre finalises proposal to extend tariff policy for hydel projects till 2022 Read more
- Per capita energy consumption may triple in five-seven years: R.K. Singh Read more
- Pass-through of coal cost positive for IPPs: Nomura Read more
- Greenpeace urges India to improve 'National Air Quality Index' Read more