Power News We love to talk!
TNN: The state government has transferred the six police officers who were part of the special investigation team that had probed the solar scam. They had found adverse mention in the Justice G Sivarajan commission’s findings. The officers are SPs V Ajith, Reji Jacob and K S Sudarshan, DSP Jaison Abraham, circle-inspector B Roy and sub-inspector Biju John.
Ajith, currently with traffic (south zone), has been transferred to Kerala anti-terrorist force; Jacob, with Thiruvananthapuram crime branch, has been shifted as assistant director of Kerala Police Academy; Sudarshan, with Ernakulam crime branch, has been transferred to crime branch, Thiruvananthapuram; Abraham, currently with Malappuram crime records bureau, has been transferred to Kasaragod crime records bureau; Roy has been transferred from Malappuram to Pathanamthitta; and John has been transferred from Ernakulam crime branch to Kasaragod crime branch.
Another team member, DSP Harikrishnan, is currently awaiting posting after being reinstated in the service after a period of suspension. Two senior officers, DGP A Hemachandran and ADGP K Padmakumar, have been shifted from the posts of DGP (crimes) and director Kerala Police Academy, respectively. While Hemachandran is the new KSRTC MD, Padmakumar will be the MD of Marketfed.
On the basis of the latest direction to probe the cases, a team under DGP (north zone) Rajesh Dewan has been formed. It will probe the allegations of rape by solar scam accused Saritha S Nair. The team includes IG Dinendra Kashyap, DSPs Shanavas, Radhakrishna Pillai and Bijumon. Meanwhile, Dewan said that the orders in this regard have not yet been received.
- Indias solar capacity tops 10GW, shows study Read more
- Odisha to implement roof-top solar projects in major cities Read more
- Solar energy sector sees $4.6 billion funding in first half current fiscal Read more
- BPCL aims to double refining margins with refinery expansion Read more
- AP energy gets 2,500-cr World Bank loan push Read more
- Allahabad Museum switches to solar power, becomes first energy self-reliant museum Read more
- Vizianagaram, Srikakulam have to wait for power Read more
- Varanasi will be India's first truly green cit Read more
- MERC Finalizes RE Tariff for FY 2014-15 Read more
- Power cost hits small and micro units Read more