Power News We love to talk!
TNN: The state government has transferred the six police officers who were part of the special investigation team that had probed the solar scam. They had found adverse mention in the Justice G Sivarajan commission’s findings. The officers are SPs V Ajith, Reji Jacob and K S Sudarshan, DSP Jaison Abraham, circle-inspector B Roy and sub-inspector Biju John.
Ajith, currently with traffic (south zone), has been transferred to Kerala anti-terrorist force; Jacob, with Thiruvananthapuram crime branch, has been shifted as assistant director of Kerala Police Academy; Sudarshan, with Ernakulam crime branch, has been transferred to crime branch, Thiruvananthapuram; Abraham, currently with Malappuram crime records bureau, has been transferred to Kasaragod crime records bureau; Roy has been transferred from Malappuram to Pathanamthitta; and John has been transferred from Ernakulam crime branch to Kasaragod crime branch.
Another team member, DSP Harikrishnan, is currently awaiting posting after being reinstated in the service after a period of suspension. Two senior officers, DGP A Hemachandran and ADGP K Padmakumar, have been shifted from the posts of DGP (crimes) and director Kerala Police Academy, respectively. While Hemachandran is the new KSRTC MD, Padmakumar will be the MD of Marketfed.
On the basis of the latest direction to probe the cases, a team under DGP (north zone) Rajesh Dewan has been formed. It will probe the allegations of rape by solar scam accused Saritha S Nair. The team includes IG Dinendra Kashyap, DSPs Shanavas, Radhakrishna Pillai and Bijumon. Meanwhile, Dewan said that the orders in this regard have not yet been received.
- Indian Oil Corp to own 45 per cent stake in Ennore LNG's Tamil Nadu terminal Read more
- North Western Railways turns innovative, plans energy from plastic Read more
- Solar parks on fertile land are new adversary of farmers Read more
- NTPC, Coal India, SAIL plan to produce green energy Read more
- ReNew leads the pack, bags 36 Megawatt rooftop solar power projects Read more
- CERC determines net levellised generation tariff for renewables Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Embassy Group to build 200-mw solar power plant in Karnataka Read more
- GERC disposes of petitions by solar PV developers seeking grid connectivity Read more
- Cochin Port Trust to set up second solar power plant of 100 Kilowatt capacity Read more