Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Vasundhara Raje has directed the officials that there should not be any shortage of power during the festive season.
The chief minister said that price of electricity should not be a constraint in the purchase of power from power exchanges to meet the shortfall of power in the state.
She said, due to coal shortages the whole country is facing power crisis as thermal power plants have been shut or are partially operating. She also appealed to the people to save power while addressing a meeting in Kekri.
The chief minister also exhorted the people to plant trees at places of worship or on roads leading to places of worship in the name of their daughters. She said that such plantations had to be carried out during birth of daughters and marriages.
On the demand of locals, the CM also announced Rs 5.25 crore for the construction of a community health centre at Sarwar. Raje claimed that the government has worked to implement the promises made to the people. “We have not just made promises but worked to implement them on the ground,” Raje claimed.
It may be noted that Ajmer parliamentary constituency is going to bypolls by the end of this year following the death of Sanwarmal Jat.
- In Round III of coal mine auctions, big business may be at an advantage Read more
- NTPC chief blames climate of fear for power woes Read more
- Biggest global bidding: Transmission projects of Rs 53,000 crore to be auctioned Read more
- CERC approves transmission charges for Powergrids ICT at Moga Read more
- HPSERC notifies regulations for sharing of cost of terminal benefits of HPSEB personnel Read more
- Narendra Modi to dedicate 765kv transmission line in Jharkhand to nation tomorrow Read more
- IL&FS; Energy ready for capacity expansion Read more
- Adani to expand capacity of Udupi power plant by 1600 MW Read more
- Coal strike: Dattatreya calls 3-party meeting on January 13 Read more
- PE group Blackstone looks to make windfall gains, partially exit HPPL holdings Read more