Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Vasundhara Raje has directed the officials that there should not be any shortage of power during the festive season.
The chief minister said that price of electricity should not be a constraint in the purchase of power from power exchanges to meet the shortfall of power in the state.
She said, due to coal shortages the whole country is facing power crisis as thermal power plants have been shut or are partially operating. She also appealed to the people to save power while addressing a meeting in Kekri.
The chief minister also exhorted the people to plant trees at places of worship or on roads leading to places of worship in the name of their daughters. She said that such plantations had to be carried out during birth of daughters and marriages.
On the demand of locals, the CM also announced Rs 5.25 crore for the construction of a community health centre at Sarwar. Raje claimed that the government has worked to implement the promises made to the people. “We have not just made promises but worked to implement them on the ground,” Raje claimed.
It may be noted that Ajmer parliamentary constituency is going to bypolls by the end of this year following the death of Sanwarmal Jat.
- Tamil Nadu power minister to lead a team to Delhi to discuss UDAY Read more
- Rural electrification scheme to be launched on Saturday Read more
- Vallur thermal units down, Tamil Nadu relies on wind energy Read more
- Discoms sitting on Rs. 2,000-cr dues to wind energy players Read more
- Tamil Nadu seeks entire 2,000 MW power from Kudankulam 3, 4 units Read more
- Andhra Pradesh signs wind power PPAs, does U-turn, wants 25 pct price cut now Read more
- Adani Transmission plans to raise Rs3,000 crore via QIP Read more
- CIL board okays fuel supply agreements Read more
- Delhis private discoms BSES, Tata Power want to join debt-recast scheme Read more
- Water usage regulations in Maharashtra hit coal production Read more