Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Vasundhara Raje has directed the officials that there should not be any shortage of power during the festive season.
The chief minister said that price of electricity should not be a constraint in the purchase of power from power exchanges to meet the shortfall of power in the state.
She said, due to coal shortages the whole country is facing power crisis as thermal power plants have been shut or are partially operating. She also appealed to the people to save power while addressing a meeting in Kekri.
The chief minister also exhorted the people to plant trees at places of worship or on roads leading to places of worship in the name of their daughters. She said that such plantations had to be carried out during birth of daughters and marriages.
On the demand of locals, the CM also announced Rs 5.25 crore for the construction of a community health centre at Sarwar. Raje claimed that the government has worked to implement the promises made to the people. “We have not just made promises but worked to implement them on the ground,” Raje claimed.
It may be noted that Ajmer parliamentary constituency is going to bypolls by the end of this year following the death of Sanwarmal Jat.
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- NTPC to sell additional 75 MW power to Assam Read more
- Tangedco at the receiving end during public hearing, faces flak for corruption Read more
- NTPC future looks brighter, thanks to improved coal availability from Coal India Read more
- SJVN signs MoU with Power Ministry for generating 6930 mn units Read more
- BERC determines generic tariff for biomass- and bagasse-based power projects to be commissioned in Read more
- Keep power utilities away from politics: World Bank report Read more
- Alstom commissions Rajasthan's first 765 kv substation Read more
- Telangana no more a power deficit state Read more
- Kudankulam nuclear plant to start commercial operations by Janunary 22, 2015 Read more