Power News We love to talk!
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao is keen that the 4,000 MW Damaracharla Ultra Mega Power Project is developed on a fast track mode keeping in view the likely increase in demand over the next few years.
Handing over a cheque of Rs. 417.16 crore towards part payment for the Rs. 20,379 crore project to BHEL Chairman and Managing Director Atul Sobti, here today, he called upon BHEL, the contractor for the power project, to expedite the project implementation.
During his interaction with a team of officials headed by BHEL, the Chief Minister asked them to expedite not just Damaracharla but other projects which BHEL is handling in the State.
During the interaction, Rao said for transparency and timely completion of the power plants, the works have been entrusted to the public sector company. To uphold the State government’s faith being reposed in BHEL, the power plants works should be completed on a fast track mode meeting all quality standards.
For the Yadadri plant, the land required for the plant has been acquired and all permissions, including the mandatory environmental clearance, have been accorded. Therefore, there is no hindrance for project works to be expedited and completed ahead of schedule, he said.
24/7 power supply
“We have decided to give 24-hour power supply to farmers from next March. Construction on the lift irrigation schemes is going on. Several new industries are coming up. Need for power in other sectors is also growing up. By next year, Telangana will need an additional 3,500 MW.”
“In this backdrop, we have embarked on construction of major power plants. Of all the plants, Yadadri is very important. Work on the 5x800 MW plants should be taken up simultaneously and completed within three years,” Rao said.
- PowerGrid beats global peers in energy game Read more
- CM announces water, power and infrastructural projects for Coimbatore Read more
- EIL becomes consultant for BS-VI project at 6 IOC refineries Read more
- PFC to fund two TS Genco power plants Read more
- NEEPCO on drive to tap full electricity potential of NE region Read more
- LM Wind Power sets up 25-m turbine blade plant at Halol Read more
- T.N.s installed wind energy capacity goes up Read more
- Haryana: Providing uninterrupted supply to private hospital having connected load of more than and equal to 250 KW by levying additional charge Read more
- Chandy took Rs. 1.9 cr. in bribe: solar scam accused Read more
- Coal block re-allocation begins, 36 mines to be allotted to PSUs from Jan 23 Read more