Power News We love to talk!
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao is keen that the 4,000 MW Damaracharla Ultra Mega Power Project is developed on a fast track mode keeping in view the likely increase in demand over the next few years.
Handing over a cheque of Rs. 417.16 crore towards part payment for the Rs. 20,379 crore project to BHEL Chairman and Managing Director Atul Sobti, here today, he called upon BHEL, the contractor for the power project, to expedite the project implementation.
During his interaction with a team of officials headed by BHEL, the Chief Minister asked them to expedite not just Damaracharla but other projects which BHEL is handling in the State.
During the interaction, Rao said for transparency and timely completion of the power plants, the works have been entrusted to the public sector company. To uphold the State government’s faith being reposed in BHEL, the power plants works should be completed on a fast track mode meeting all quality standards.
For the Yadadri plant, the land required for the plant has been acquired and all permissions, including the mandatory environmental clearance, have been accorded. Therefore, there is no hindrance for project works to be expedited and completed ahead of schedule, he said.
24/7 power supply
“We have decided to give 24-hour power supply to farmers from next March. Construction on the lift irrigation schemes is going on. Several new industries are coming up. Need for power in other sectors is also growing up. By next year, Telangana will need an additional 3,500 MW.”
“In this backdrop, we have embarked on construction of major power plants. Of all the plants, Yadadri is very important. Work on the 5x800 MW plants should be taken up simultaneously and completed within three years,” Rao said.
- Wind Turbines: Over 3,000 MW capacity rots for want of servicing Read more
- Coal supply via MoUs to continue till Jun 30 Read more
- Renewable energy developer Equis Energy plans to exit the Indian market and has put Energon and Read more
- PSERC allows PSPCL to procure power from rooftop solar projects totalling 53 MW Read more
- GERC incorrectly revised RPO for Discoms: APTEL Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- GERC fixes tariff for WAA Solars power projects Read more
- Evaluating various opportunities: JSW on JP power deal reports Read more
- Massive setback for renewable energy, here is how wind power set to be dealt a big blow Read more
- Imperatives for transmission sector in India Read more