Power News We love to talk!
The government has awarded a 250 megawatt (MW) wind power project to Singapore-based Sembcorp’s renewable energy arm Sembcorp Green Infra under India’s second nationwide wind power tender. Five companies -- including Green Infra, ReNew Power, Orange Sironj, Inox Wind and Adani – were identified as winners under the bidding for 1,000 Mw wind energy auction conducted last month.
“Sembcorp Green Infra received the official letter of award for the project, following the close of the tender conducted by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) on behalf of the Government of India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE),” Sembcorp said in a statement today.
The project is expected to be developed in phases and is targeted to be fully commissioned by the first half of 2019. Upon the project’s completion, its entire power output will be sold to SECI under a 25-year long-term power purchase agreement, Sembcorp said. The project will be connected to India’s Central Transmission Utility (CTU) and will supply power to multiple states.
“We are pleased to have secured back-to-back wins in both national wind power tenders held to date. Greater transparency and offtake creditworthiness gives established long-term players like Sembcorp an advantage. Combined with declining equipment prices, this has allowed us to provide clean power at lower tariffs,” said Sunil Gupta, Managing Director and CEO of Sembcorp Green Infra.
The company has over 4,000 Mw of power capacity in operation and under development in the country, comprising both thermal and renewable energy assets. Sembcorp Green Infra’s renewable energy portfolio comprises over 1,400 Mw of wind and solar power assets in seven states across the southern, western and central regions of India.
- CLP India runs out of gas Read more
- Engie to sell stake in Meenakshi plant Read more
- Oil India rules out acquisitions Read more
- Maharashtra, UP get stiff solar energy targets for 2022 Read more
- Hyundai to enter electric vehicle race in India with Ioniq brand Read more
- Wind energy evacuation picks up, 3,500 MW generated in State on Monday Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- Coal scam: No role in conspiracy, was eligible, says JSPL Read more
- Piyush Goyal says 83 cancelled coal mines allocated so far Read more
- GAIL announces Rs 6,000 crore worth of contracts awarded under Urja Ganga Read more