Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record by supplying around 11,466 mw of power on November 11, a top official said today.
"Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record at 9 am on November 11, when power demand in state peaked at 11,466 mw. Earlier in 2016, the state had recorded a demand of 11,421 mw on December 26," MP Power Management Company managing director Sanjay Shukla said.
Shukla said the power demand in the preceding two years was increasing steadily, especially in December. This time, demand has increased during past one-and-a- half months duezto scanty rainfall. Demand has been trending above 11,000 mw for the past six days, he added.
Shukla said demand in the East Zone Power Distribution Company areas (Jabalpur, Rewa and Sagar) was at 2,871 mw, in the Central Region Power Distribution Company areas (Bhopal and Gwalior) it stood at 3,716 mw and in the areas under West Zone Power Distribution Company (Indore and Ujjain) was 4,878 mw.
- Indian power plants have enough coal to overcome strike, Piyush Goyal says Read more
- ABB bags Rs 334 crore transmission and distribution substations orders in Bihar and West Bengal Read more
- KERC mulls surcharge for those opting out of grid power Read more
- Diesel sales beat high prices; grew 1.3% in May Read more
- India seeks to shut 12% of power capacity in anti-pollution move Read more
- JERCUTs determines the additional surcharge for Open Access for FY 2016-17 at Rs. 0.47 per kWh, with effect from 1st October, 2016 Read more
- 'Coal block allocation fourth round; formalities in last stage' Read more
- Naveen steers clear of Talabira-II coal block controversy Read more
- UP vows 24x7 power by 2018; waives surcharge on power dues Read more
- Govt may allow thermal gencos to recover imported coal cost Read more