Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record by supplying around 11,466 mw of power on November 11, a top official said today.
"Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record at 9 am on November 11, when power demand in state peaked at 11,466 mw. Earlier in 2016, the state had recorded a demand of 11,421 mw on December 26," MP Power Management Company managing director Sanjay Shukla said.
Shukla said the power demand in the preceding two years was increasing steadily, especially in December. This time, demand has increased during past one-and-a- half months duezto scanty rainfall. Demand has been trending above 11,000 mw for the past six days, he added.
Shukla said demand in the East Zone Power Distribution Company areas (Jabalpur, Rewa and Sagar) was at 2,871 mw, in the Central Region Power Distribution Company areas (Bhopal and Gwalior) it stood at 3,716 mw and in the areas under West Zone Power Distribution Company (Indore and Ujjain) was 4,878 mw.
- Selling coal may be tough for private miners winning first batch of mines Read more
- Committee finalises methodology for coal linkage auctions Read more
- BHEL exceeds power capacity addition target by 19% Read more
- NTPC may drop further expansion plans of Kudgi thermal project in Karnataka Read more
- PSERC keeps power rates unchanged for first time in 7 years Read more
- Kalinga Power drops Rs 6,500 cr project in Odisha Read more
- AIA Engineering to gain from foray into mining and power Read more
- India likely to be among top solar markets in 3 years: Research firm Bridge to India Read more
- SC denies stay to discoms on Reliance Power's Rs 1,050 crore claim for Sasan UMPP Read more
- Sutlej Jal Vidyut Jal Nigam aims to increase installed capacity to 10,564 MW Read more