Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record by supplying around 11,466 mw of power on November 11, a top official said today.
"Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record at 9 am on November 11, when power demand in state peaked at 11,466 mw. Earlier in 2016, the state had recorded a demand of 11,421 mw on December 26," MP Power Management Company managing director Sanjay Shukla said.
Shukla said the power demand in the preceding two years was increasing steadily, especially in December. This time, demand has increased during past one-and-a- half months duezto scanty rainfall. Demand has been trending above 11,000 mw for the past six days, he added.
Shukla said demand in the East Zone Power Distribution Company areas (Jabalpur, Rewa and Sagar) was at 2,871 mw, in the Central Region Power Distribution Company areas (Bhopal and Gwalior) it stood at 3,716 mw and in the areas under West Zone Power Distribution Company (Indore and Ujjain) was 4,878 mw.
- Under Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojana, losses of state discoms fall 22 pct to Rs 40,295 cr Read more
- Punjab gets largest solar power plant in Mansa Read more
- Engie to sell stake in Meenakshi plant Read more
- Prime Minister Modi to inaugurate Kishanganga hydro project this month Read more
- Tata Power Solar to install 2.67 MW solar carport at Cochin Airport Read more
- Coal India taps rising coking prices to woo steel sector Read more
- This Dasara is a great power saver Read more
- HPERC approves Procedure for Short Term Open Access in intra-State T&D system Read more
- CESC March quarter profit drops to Rs292 crore Read more
- REConnect Energy launches online renewable energy marketplace Read more