Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record by supplying around 11,466 mw of power on November 11, a top official said today.
"Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record at 9 am on November 11, when power demand in state peaked at 11,466 mw. Earlier in 2016, the state had recorded a demand of 11,421 mw on December 26," MP Power Management Company managing director Sanjay Shukla said.
Shukla said the power demand in the preceding two years was increasing steadily, especially in December. This time, demand has increased during past one-and-a- half months duezto scanty rainfall. Demand has been trending above 11,000 mw for the past six days, he added.
Shukla said demand in the East Zone Power Distribution Company areas (Jabalpur, Rewa and Sagar) was at 2,871 mw, in the Central Region Power Distribution Company areas (Bhopal and Gwalior) it stood at 3,716 mw and in the areas under West Zone Power Distribution Company (Indore and Ujjain) was 4,878 mw.
- Fuji Electric studying power consumption pattern of city Read more
- Expenditure on upgrade of urban power distribution set to see quantum jump Read more
- TSGENCO refutes violations in Bhadradri project Read more
- Discoms set to be penalised for load-shedding; regulators to decide quantum Read more
- Cabinet nod soon for hydro power policy: R K Singh Read more
- ISR hopeful of tapping geothermal energy, starts survey Read more
- Enough funds for capex, no plans to divest equity: SJVN Read more
- ReNew Power raises Rs 22 bn via NCD to repay loans, expand business Read more
- Load-shedding to last longer in districts covered by HESCOM Read more
- Coal India recorded highest daily offtake of 2 million tonne on 28 March Read more