Power News We love to talk!
Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record by supplying around 11,466 mw of power on November 11, a top official said today.
"Madhya Pradesh has surpassed its own record at 9 am on November 11, when power demand in state peaked at 11,466 mw. Earlier in 2016, the state had recorded a demand of 11,421 mw on December 26," MP Power Management Company managing director Sanjay Shukla said.
Shukla said the power demand in the preceding two years was increasing steadily, especially in December. This time, demand has increased during past one-and-a- half months duezto scanty rainfall. Demand has been trending above 11,000 mw for the past six days, he added.
Shukla said demand in the East Zone Power Distribution Company areas (Jabalpur, Rewa and Sagar) was at 2,871 mw, in the Central Region Power Distribution Company areas (Bhopal and Gwalior) it stood at 3,716 mw and in the areas under West Zone Power Distribution Company (Indore and Ujjain) was 4,878 mw.
- Solar energy bids: Dollar bids likely from applicants Read more
- DERC approves PPA for TPDDLs 45 KW solar project at Bawana Read more
- SBI commits Rs 75,000 crore for financing clean energy generation Read more
- BHEL bags export orders from Togo, Benin Read more
- Winter slows down power movement; prices go haywire Read more
- National Solar Mission generated 252.5 mw against the target of 1100 mw in 2010-13 Read more
- Solar power tariffs still remain subdued Read more
- Renewable energy sector to increase 5 times in 3 years: CM Read more
- Mytrah Energy inks power purchase deals for solar projects in Punjab, Telangana Read more
- Power minister Piyush Goyal asks traders to use PoS machines for transactions Read more