Power News We love to talk!
Over 10,000 contractual employees of Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) have approached the Madras high court for regularisation of their employment.
Admitting the plea moved by D Kathirvel, president of TNEB Anna Podhu Thozhilalar Sangam on behalf of 10,592 workers, Justice T Raja ordered notice to the board, returnable by eight weeks.
According to the petitioner, the workers had been employed with TNEB on contract basis since 1999. Recently, the union made a request to the state government to regularise service of all such employees.
In 2007, the state labour welfare department referred the issue to the industrial disputes tribunal. Even after several notices issued to TNEB by the tribunal, the board failed to file its reply. On March 9, 2010, the tribunal passed an ex-partie order in favour of the workers and directed the TNEB to absorb them as regular employees.
Subsequently, allowing a plea moved by TNEB seeking to cancel the tribunal’s ex-partie order, the tribunal on August 18, reversed its earlier order and rejected the claim of the workers for regularisation.
Aggrieved by the tribunal’s actions, the workers have approached the high court. They wanted the court to call for the records of the order and quash the same and consequently direct the board to regularise their employment.
- Regulators and Policy Makers Interface At The 17th IPPAI RPR Meet Read more
- HPPC (Haryana Power Purchase Centre) gets the approval of PPA for procurement of 165 MW Solar Power in pursuance to the Competitive Bidding Process Read more
- BERC invites comments on its Consultative Paper on the proposal for BERC (Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive Systems Based on Net Metering) Regulations, 2015 Read more
- KSERC to evaluate power tariff details Read more
- India to add 4,300 MW wind power capacity in 2016-17: Tulsi Tanti Read more
- JSERC trues up accounts, reviews annual performance and determines ARR and retail tariffs for Tata Steel Read more
- GERC notified the Draft GERC (Electricity Supply Code and Related Matters) (First Amendment) Regulations, 2016 Read more
- ACME Solar commissions 150 MW plants in Odisha, Rajasthan Read more
- Power projects in a price maze Read more
- Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (Demand Side Management) Regulations, 2014 Read more