Power News We love to talk!
The Meghalaya cabinet has cancelled power project agreements with two private companies over non-initiation of work.
The government also approved a proposal for allotting 210-Megawatt Myntdu Leshka Hydro Power Project - Stage II and 15 other smaller power projects to the state-owned Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL).
"The cabinet has sanctioned the cancellation of the agreements signed with ETA star Infrastructure Ltd for Umduna and Umjaod hydro project. We have also scrapped two thermal projects that were allotted to Brijraj Power me
The modalities to ensure proper cash flow to MeECL for the development of Myntdu Leshka Hydro Power Project have been worked out, he said at a press meet. The cabinet has also approved the establishment of renewal energy projects in line with the recommendations of the empowered committee.
These projects will be set up at three locations - Byrnihat in Ri-Bhoi district, Mendipathar in North Garo Hills and Ampati in South West Garo Hills, he said. The Chief Minister expressed hope that these projects will require minimum land and said the power scenario in the state will transform soon.
He said, "The projects would also enable consumers to have access to affordable power supply at the rate of Rs 3.5/unit."
- APERC Order in the matter of Generation Tariff (Fixed Charges) to be paid for energy from Industrial Waste Based Plants Read more
- Odisha not to buy costly power from NTPC Read more
- White Paper on Power Sector in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Power bills might go up by 4 to 5 % Read more
- Who gave anyone the right to misuse reverse bidding process: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Winds pick up in Tamil Nadu Read more
- RBI loan boost for new power projects Read more
- Angela Merkel pledges 1 billion euros for solar energy; Germany forges renewable alliance with India Read more
- BSES strengthens power distribution network in Delhi Read more
- Indias first VC fund focused on energy savings soon Read more