Coal News We love to talk!
Coal India officers, who are demanding salaries on par with officers of other Maharatna PSUs, will meet on November 25 to decide on their next course of action.
According to Saurabh Dubey, National Senior V-P, Coal Mines Officers’ Association and President, CMOAI, Western Coalfields, the independent members of the remuneration committee have not agreed to the proposal.
Failure to implement Maharatna pay scales will lead to a situation where basic pay of around 11,000 officers — who fall within the grades of E1 and E5 — will be lesser than that of unionised workers. “This might lead to resentment and loss in employee morale,” he said adding that the matter has already been raised with the CIL management.
- India restricts imports of petcoke for users in Delhi region Read more
- Government appoints firm to find ways to offset any spike in power production costs after e-auction of coal blocks Read more
- 'Draft notification for emission standards for bio-fuel vehicles' Read more
- There could be a slowdown in solar sector over 6-9 months: Anurag Garg, Schneider Electric Read more
- CERC directs PXIL to launch extended market session from August 1, 2015 Read more
- Government may allow power companies to swap coal supplies with nearest fuel source Read more
- Will not allow companies from any country barring Indian firms: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Make policy changes to make open-access in power a reality: Hemant Kanoria Read more
- Power Grid inks pact with SBI for Rs5,000 crore loan Read more
- Away from OBOR, India pushing for 'energy diplomacy' in neighborhood Read more