Coal News We love to talk!
The Uttarakhand government has sought more funds from companies like ONGC and THDC India Ltd for providing basic facilities like toilets, drinking water supply and furniture in primary and secondary schools, especially those located in remote areas of the state.
At a meeting with officials of the state government, education department, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited and Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Ltd, Chief Secretary Utpal Kumar Singh said the amount being given by these firms for the purpose is not in accordance with their stature.
"Companies like the ONGC and THDC, which are already making their contribution to the creation of basic facilities in schools of the state, are expected to contribute more generously to the cause," he said. Singh asked them to pump in more funds on priority basis for construction of toilets, drinking water facilities and providing furniture in schools, an official release here said.
He asked Secretary (Education) Bhupinder Kaur Aulakh to send a detailed proposal in this regard to the ONGC and THDC providing them information about the requirements of schools, especially those located in the remote areas of the state.
- Statoil, Total SA, Shell eye strategic stake in Amplus Energy Read more
- Cabinet approves Rs3,000 crore project for oil, gas reserves appraisal Read more
- Indians lose over 1.5 years of their lives to air pollution: Study Read more
- Delhi High Court postpones hearing on power plant cost capping case Read more
- Government raises query about selection process of Rupshikha Saikia Borah to top post at Oil India Read more
- No methane exploration by ONGC in Tamil Nadu: Union minister Read more
- Anil Bhandari takes charge as ONGC Videsh director of exploration Read more
- OIL crude production up 9.06%, ONGCs rises 3.32% Read more
- Cairn India to invest Rs 10,000 crore, aims to raise daily output to 5L barrels Read more
- PNGRB invites licence bids for retailing CNG, piped gas Read more