Coal News We love to talk!
The Uttarakhand government has sought more funds from companies like ONGC and THDC India Ltd for providing basic facilities like toilets, drinking water supply and furniture in primary and secondary schools, especially those located in remote areas of the state.
At a meeting with officials of the state government, education department, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited and Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Ltd, Chief Secretary Utpal Kumar Singh said the amount being given by these firms for the purpose is not in accordance with their stature.
"Companies like the ONGC and THDC, which are already making their contribution to the creation of basic facilities in schools of the state, are expected to contribute more generously to the cause," he said. Singh asked them to pump in more funds on priority basis for construction of toilets, drinking water facilities and providing furniture in schools, an official release here said.
He asked Secretary (Education) Bhupinder Kaur Aulakh to send a detailed proposal in this regard to the ONGC and THDC providing them information about the requirements of schools, especially those located in the remote areas of the state.
- Time for an HPCL-ONGC alliance Read more
- Niko extends time to sell stake in RIL's KG-D6 block to Sept 15 Read more
- India launches first high-end fuel testing facility in Oil & Gas sector Read more
- Petronet to form joint venture for LNG terminal in Sri Lanka Read more
- Coal India to seek shareholders' nod to extend CMD's tenure Read more
- Govt may not achieve even half of 2022 solar rooftop energy target of 40GW, says report Read more
- ONGC's presence in South China Sea: Beijing sets up oil rig to reinforce its territorial claims Read more
- Solar Energy Corp. eyes overseas entry into Asian, African markets Read more
- Integrated public sector oil company: Oil Ministry prefers making HPCL an arm of ONGC Read more
- Mukesh Ambani to divest minority stake in RGTIL: Official Read more