Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a slew of projects worth several crores for Coimbatore ranging from water supply to electricity distribution and infrastructural development on Sunday.
Flanked by almost all senior AIADMK leaders, including deputy speaker of LoK Sabha M Thambidurai, assembly speaker Dhanabal and a battery of ministers, the chief minister said the projects were announced to keep up the promises made by the late chief minister J Jayalalithaa and as a sign of gratitude to the people of Kongu region who stood solidly backed AIADMK election after election.
“I have inaugurated 37 projects worth Rs 691.6 crore including the Anaikadavu power substation built at a cost of Rs 506 crore,’’ Palaniswami said. He also laid the foundation stone for Rs 556 crore drinking water project for the added areas of the city and an additional 39 works worth Rs 1,328 crore, including the underground drainage project estimated at Rs 442 crore.
He also gave away welfare assistance to the tune of Rs 118 crore to 36,650 beneficiaries of various government schemes. Besides the announcement on feasibility study to be conducted for metro rail project, EPS said the upper tier of the flyover on 100ft road would be completed in 2018.
- India's coal production rose 13 per cent over two fiscal years: Piyush Goyal Read more
- 'Proposal to allow multiple power suppliers anti-people' Read more
- KERC cautions possibility of excess power and no takers in two years Read more
- 'Total corp funding in solar space drops to $2.8 bn in Q1' Read more
- Wind industry getting into a distress situation Read more
- Coal imports decline 15% to 15.9 million tonnes in April: Anil Swarup Read more
- PSERC rejects ESPLs petition for project specific extension of solar tariff Read more
- Sun shines on solar PV industry Read more
- Solar energy prices to come down with tech breakthrough Read more
- Greenbacks for greening: India needs a finance system that promotes ecologically sustainable industry Read more