Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a slew of projects worth several crores for Coimbatore ranging from water supply to electricity distribution and infrastructural development on Sunday.
Flanked by almost all senior AIADMK leaders, including deputy speaker of LoK Sabha M Thambidurai, assembly speaker Dhanabal and a battery of ministers, the chief minister said the projects were announced to keep up the promises made by the late chief minister J Jayalalithaa and as a sign of gratitude to the people of Kongu region who stood solidly backed AIADMK election after election.
“I have inaugurated 37 projects worth Rs 691.6 crore including the Anaikadavu power substation built at a cost of Rs 506 crore,’’ Palaniswami said. He also laid the foundation stone for Rs 556 crore drinking water project for the added areas of the city and an additional 39 works worth Rs 1,328 crore, including the underground drainage project estimated at Rs 442 crore.
He also gave away welfare assistance to the tune of Rs 118 crore to 36,650 beneficiaries of various government schemes. Besides the announcement on feasibility study to be conducted for metro rail project, EPS said the upper tier of the flyover on 100ft road would be completed in 2018.
- KSERC notifies Terms and Conditions of Determination of Tariff Regulations, 2014 Read more
- CEA approves 100 mw Turga pump storage hydel project Read more
- Solar power tariffs expected to fall to as low as Rs3.50 a unit in 3 years Read more
- Solar Power Now Indias 2nd Largest Renewable Energy Technology Read more
- Treading solar-powered paths to fulfil his green dreams Read more
- Competition Commission rejects complaint against Tata Power Read more
- Coal India to restart search to secure coal assets overseas Read more
- District Electricity Committee for Monitoring Central Schemes Read more
- HLL Lifecare will be first direct customer for Petronet gas in Kerala Read more
- PowerGrid seeks nod to implement smart grid plan Read more