Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a slew of projects worth several crores for Coimbatore ranging from water supply to electricity distribution and infrastructural development on Sunday.
Flanked by almost all senior AIADMK leaders, including deputy speaker of LoK Sabha M Thambidurai, assembly speaker Dhanabal and a battery of ministers, the chief minister said the projects were announced to keep up the promises made by the late chief minister J Jayalalithaa and as a sign of gratitude to the people of Kongu region who stood solidly backed AIADMK election after election.
“I have inaugurated 37 projects worth Rs 691.6 crore including the Anaikadavu power substation built at a cost of Rs 506 crore,’’ Palaniswami said. He also laid the foundation stone for Rs 556 crore drinking water project for the added areas of the city and an additional 39 works worth Rs 1,328 crore, including the underground drainage project estimated at Rs 442 crore.
He also gave away welfare assistance to the tune of Rs 118 crore to 36,650 beneficiaries of various government schemes. Besides the announcement on feasibility study to be conducted for metro rail project, EPS said the upper tier of the flyover on 100ft road would be completed in 2018.
- SBI to save Rs 30 cr p.a. from wind, solar power investments Read more
- DVC calls off joint venture with NLC India for power project Read more
- Odisha forms panel for R-APDRP implementation Read more
- Govt to announce policy measures to de-stress power sector soon Read more
- Challenges galore for Indias clean energy industry Read more
- Most hydel power projects to become operational after 2017 Read more
- Coal India Limited yet to sign fuel supply agreements for 4,000 MW Read more
- Rlys to save Rs. 1,000 cr a year buying cheaper power from Ratnagiri Read more
- Gas allocation to be rejigged; CGD projects to get first priority Read more
- Govt aims to stop import of thermal coal by 2017: Piyush Goyal Read more