Power News We love to talk!
Chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a slew of projects worth several crores for Coimbatore ranging from water supply to electricity distribution and infrastructural development on Sunday.
Flanked by almost all senior AIADMK leaders, including deputy speaker of LoK Sabha M Thambidurai, assembly speaker Dhanabal and a battery of ministers, the chief minister said the projects were announced to keep up the promises made by the late chief minister J Jayalalithaa and as a sign of gratitude to the people of Kongu region who stood solidly backed AIADMK election after election.
“I have inaugurated 37 projects worth Rs 691.6 crore including the Anaikadavu power substation built at a cost of Rs 506 crore,’’ Palaniswami said. He also laid the foundation stone for Rs 556 crore drinking water project for the added areas of the city and an additional 39 works worth Rs 1,328 crore, including the underground drainage project estimated at Rs 442 crore.
He also gave away welfare assistance to the tune of Rs 118 crore to 36,650 beneficiaries of various government schemes. Besides the announcement on feasibility study to be conducted for metro rail project, EPS said the upper tier of the flyover on 100ft road would be completed in 2018.
- Sale commitment stumps i-bankers in race for NTPC offer Read more
- GSEC to set up 800-MW power project at Wanakbori Read more
- Power consumers using more than sanctioned load under scanner in Chandigarh Read more
- PSERC partially upholds Shiva Alloys and Ganpati Steels petition against PSPCL Read more
- China's cheap solar panels cause dark spots in Indian market Read more
- BHEL commissions 330 Mw Kishanganga hydro project in J&K Read more
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- Power Ministry making changes in tech standards for grid connectivity Read more
- Money starts flowing in for UP power board revamp Read more
- Solar powered jammers to keep tab on phone calls from jails in Uttar Pradesh Read more