Coal News We love to talk!
India Center Foundation (ICF), today announced a collaboration with Japanese EV maker, e-Gle to introduce electric vehicles (EVs) in all segments, including passenger, public passenger and larger mobility solutions in India, according to a company statement.
A not for profit and non-governmental organisation, ICF has been working for over two decades towards the country’s socio-economic development.
Japanese EV maker e-Gle, has developed EV technology based on in-wheel motor drive technology. Hiroshi Shimuzu, President and CEO e-Gle and the innovator behind the electric vehicle technology said: “We are delighted to be a part of the National Electric Vehicle Initiative (NEVI). We believe that India’s mobility transformation presents an enormous economic opportunity, innovative business models and supportive policy frameworks that can help make India a global hub for manufacturing electric vehicles and their components.”
India, being the fifth largest car market in the world, with more than 3 million cars sold in FY17 as per a recent report, holds huge potential for implementing the initiative. To build strong momentum for the adoption of EV’s in the near future, aspects like stricter emission regulations, lower battery costs, more widely available fast changing infrastructure, increasing consumer acceptance and better total cost of ownership will have to be looked into closely.
NEVI will be discussed at the upcoming Global Partnership Summit (GPS) 2017 which is scheduled to be held at Aerocity, New Delhi from 11th to 14th December 2017.
NEVI is one among many initiatives to be announced at the Summit that will lay the foundation of India’s vision of an energy efficient and sustainable economy. This Summit will provide a micro view of a grand vision for global partners to share knowledge, expertise and resources and provide solutions for a better future.
This initiative of smart mobility is based on the Alternative Development Model (ADM) which is guided by the principles of Energy efficiency, Environmental responsibility and Sustainability (EES.)
- Sheila Dikshit steps in, summons CEOs of discoms over power cuts Read more
- Azure Power receives $10.5 million solar rooftop funding from World Bank Read more
- Greenko Group buys Orange Renewable at billion-dollar valuation Read more
- Centre, states to provide affordable 24x7 power to businesses: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Lower global prices pushed coking coal import up 13% Read more
- Who gave anyone the right to misuse reverse bidding process: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Not enough for food, fertiliser, fuel Read more
- Sembcorp India bags 300 MW wind power project in SECI auction, takes recent wins to 800 MW Read more
- CPCL takes up ?3,110-cr resid upgradation project Read more
- Petro trade talks deadlock: Pak pushing for better price, says India Read more