Power News We love to talk!
Nuclear Power Corporation of India said there was no accident at the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP).
Mr N. Nagaich, Executive Director (Corporate Planning & Communications), in a statement said some miscreants have been spreading rumours of an accident having taken place at the plant through SMSs.
“We deny this absolutely baseless rumours and condemn their malicious intent. KNPP is safe, moving smoothly towards completion and will be made operational following all regulatory and safety steps,” he said.
The plant’s reactors of 1,000 MW each are Generation III+ reactors that employ the latest safety features and are among the safest in the world, he said
- Delhi records countrys highest power demand Read more
- Auctions helped bring down solar project costs, says study Read more
- Reliance Power has invested Rs. 50,000 crore, says Anil Ambani Read more
- Inox Wind signs Rs 4,500 crore pact with Gujarat for power plant Read more
- Telangana seeks adequate power supply to agri sector & industries Read more
- Nationwide rating gives KSEB a B+ Read more
- TN farmers to get 90% subsidy for solar-powered pump sets Read more
- No work on Uppur thermal power plant for six months Read more
- AP to ensure 7-hour power supply for farm sector Read more
- India Power completes acquisition of Meenakshi Energy, plans to invest Rs. 3500 cr for setting up plant in Bengal Read more