Coal News We love to talk!
Tata Power opened two new electric vehicles' (EV) charging stations, both in malls - in Kurla's Phoenix Market City and in Lower Parel's Palladium Mall.
The setting up of the charging stations at the parking area of the malls will help the consumers charge their cars while they are spending time in the mall. The chargers at the stations can help monitor the car battery status and units consumed while charging the car.
The first such charging station was opened in Vikhroli in August last year. The charging stations are now becoming an infrastructural need as the government is promoting shift to electric vehicles by 2030. Two more charging stations will be coming up soon in Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) and near Western Express Highway in Borivali.
Mahindra e2o and Nissan Leaf are two among other electric vehicles that benefit in a city like Mumbai as the infrastructure to charge the cars are available.
Power utility firms are also looking into other locations to set up the charging stations, according to reports. The firms are also believed to be in talks with the corporation bodies of the city - Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) - to set up chargers at public parking places. Among many other measures, the government waived off some taxes on purchase of electric vehicles.
- Govt has auctioned coal linkages of 22 MT for non-regulated sectors so in current fiscal Read more
- Delhi spared an electricity tariff hike; AAP claims victory Read more
- The 'Hamlet syndrome' in infrastructure Read more
- Industry hopes for relief on costs to offset power crisis Read more
- Vikram Solar completes first strategic cooperation with a Finnish Finnwind Read more
- Tata Motors wins order for 10,000 electric vehicles from EESL Read more
- BEE to focus on need to provide financial support to new ideas Read more
- New Coal Bill extends blanket protection to govt officials Read more
- What India can do on shale gas: California's travails have many lessons Read more
- CERC issues order regarding proposal of extension of REC validity Read more