Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) has emerged as the lowest bidder for a project tendered by NTPC related to flue gas de-sulphurisation (FGD) works for its 1,500 MW (3 x 500 MW) power plant in Jhajjar, Haryana. According to sources, RInfra is the lowest bidder with the order value of the project being expected to be around Rs 567 crore.
A spokesperson for RInfra declined to comment on the development, saying the company has lodged bids for EPC projects across various sub-segments within the infrastructure domain. The other bidders for the project were L&T, BHEL and Mitsubishi Hitachi Power .
The scope of work includes design, engineering supply, transportation to site, erection and civil work, testing and commissioning of the complete FGD system. The schedule for the project is one year and eight months from the date of the letter of award (LOA) for the first unit. The subsequent units to be made operational within a gap of three months each.
RInfra had installed an FGD system at its Dahanu thermal power station (DTPS) to comply with the statutory guidelines on sulphur emissions. Considering the deteriorating air quality and associated health hazards, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) in 2015 had notified revised standards for emissions to be met by thermal power plants. These require comprehensive retrofits with FGD systems in operating units as well as in projects under construction.
RInfra at present has an order book of around Rs 10,000 crore, including projects where it has emerged as the lowest bidder but which have not yet been awarded.
- ONGC reverses seven-year slump; reports higher supply of crude oil Read more
- Power utilities get notices for dues to NTECL Read more
- Govt starts distribution of LED bulbs in Uttarakhand, Jharkhand Read more
- NTPC, Jindal Steel get show-cause for delay in developing coal blocks Read more
- Land, fuel in hand, bids for Sindri urea plant soon Read more
- Russia's Gazprom sees new LNG deal with India's Gail in six months Read more
- Defunct Indraprastha power station to be converted into solar plant; move to showcase Indias commitment to clean energy Read more
- Madhya Pradesh recommended 14 companies for seven coal blocks located in the state Read more
- India Power completes acquisition of Meenakshi Energy, plans to invest Rs. 3500 cr for setting up plant in Bengal Read more
- Drive for power plants dents ecology in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh Read more