Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) has emerged as the lowest bidder for a project tendered by NTPC related to flue gas de-sulphurisation (FGD) works for its 1,500 MW (3 x 500 MW) power plant in Jhajjar, Haryana. According to sources, RInfra is the lowest bidder with the order value of the project being expected to be around Rs 567 crore.
A spokesperson for RInfra declined to comment on the development, saying the company has lodged bids for EPC projects across various sub-segments within the infrastructure domain. The other bidders for the project were L&T, BHEL and Mitsubishi Hitachi Power .
The scope of work includes design, engineering supply, transportation to site, erection and civil work, testing and commissioning of the complete FGD system. The schedule for the project is one year and eight months from the date of the letter of award (LOA) for the first unit. The subsequent units to be made operational within a gap of three months each.
RInfra had installed an FGD system at its Dahanu thermal power station (DTPS) to comply with the statutory guidelines on sulphur emissions. Considering the deteriorating air quality and associated health hazards, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) in 2015 had notified revised standards for emissions to be met by thermal power plants. These require comprehensive retrofits with FGD systems in operating units as well as in projects under construction.
RInfra at present has an order book of around Rs 10,000 crore, including projects where it has emerged as the lowest bidder but which have not yet been awarded.
- Tribunal stays State power regulators order on cross-subsidy levy Read more
- India looks to sway Americans with nuclear power insurance plan Read more
- BERC upholds individual consumers petition against NBPDCL Read more
- GSPC looks at financial restructuring post ONGC deal Read more
- 6 companies in fray for 2 transmission projects worth Rs 8,000 crore Read more
- Coal blocks bidding unlikely soon Read more
- Cairn India hopes contract for Barmer field will be renewed on same terms Read more
- Coal India decision to cancel coal won by Jindal Power comes under Delhi High Court lens Read more
- NTPC net profit decreases 21% to Rs 2,492 cr Read more
- No power cuts this summer, says Kerala minister Read more