Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) has emerged as the lowest bidder for a project tendered by NTPC related to flue gas de-sulphurisation (FGD) works for its 1,500 MW (3 x 500 MW) power plant in Jhajjar, Haryana. According to sources, RInfra is the lowest bidder with the order value of the project being expected to be around Rs 567 crore.
A spokesperson for RInfra declined to comment on the development, saying the company has lodged bids for EPC projects across various sub-segments within the infrastructure domain. The other bidders for the project were L&T, BHEL and Mitsubishi Hitachi Power .
The scope of work includes design, engineering supply, transportation to site, erection and civil work, testing and commissioning of the complete FGD system. The schedule for the project is one year and eight months from the date of the letter of award (LOA) for the first unit. The subsequent units to be made operational within a gap of three months each.
RInfra had installed an FGD system at its Dahanu thermal power station (DTPS) to comply with the statutory guidelines on sulphur emissions. Considering the deteriorating air quality and associated health hazards, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) in 2015 had notified revised standards for emissions to be met by thermal power plants. These require comprehensive retrofits with FGD systems in operating units as well as in projects under construction.
RInfra at present has an order book of around Rs 10,000 crore, including projects where it has emerged as the lowest bidder but which have not yet been awarded.
- Power Finance Corp waits on power reforms Read more
- GE proposes to invest Rs. 3,000 cr more in Maharashtra Read more
- Gail officials on state visit for Sindri factory revival Read more
- NTPC power plant idling away Read more
- Tata Power supplies 10,000 healthy Mahseer fingerlings to Hira Bambai reservoir Read more
- Rolta Group forays into manufacture of photovoltaic modules Read more
- India, Mozambique agree to develop Rovuma natural gas discovery Read more
- Power demand high despite rain Read more
- Bescom cuts power to 140 flats after 56 owners fail to pay deposit Read more
- AP Shah panel seeks comments on ONGC gas migration to Reliance Industries fields Read more