Power News We love to talk!
The Andhra Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (AP-Transco) has become the first public sector power utility in the country to adopt SAP India Pvt. Ltd’s ‘Transmission Utility New Enterprise Solution (TUNES)’, which is a platform of digitised energy management processes that help in meeting regulatory, environmental, operational, customer and technological requirements in a far better manner than what is possible with the conventional Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) architecture
Launching the new system at Vidyut Soudha here on Thursday, AP-Transco Chairman and Managing Director K. Vijayanand said the National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC), AP-Genco, and AP Southern and Eastern Power Distribution Companies Limited deployed the ERP, and it was AP-Transco that took the lead in catching up with the latest for further improving the standards in energy management.
Joint Managing Director (finance) Dinesh Paruchuri said TUNES makes financial control, materials management, plant maintenance, human capital management, file lifecycle and master data management and other functions easier and quicker. He said AP-Transco was also in the forefront of cloud computing and data analytics, and it was the State’s first public sector entity to use SAP’s Electronic Management Book.
SAP Delivery Head (South India and Sri Lanka) Sanjay S. Basu, AP-Transco Superintending Engineer (IT) S.V. Prasada Rao and chief engineers Ananda Rao, Adam, Srinivasa Rao, Subba Rao and Kanchana Babu were among those present.
- Odisha claims Rs 560 cr over Hindalco coal block Read more
- Now, pay Rs 250 per month as solar panel fee for govt houses in Chandigarh Read more
- Delhi may be spared power tariff increase Read more
- MNRE to hold stakeholders meet on 1,000 MW wind power auction Read more
- Adani Transmission, Reliance Infrastructure deal hinges on this key factor Read more
- PSPCL to import 6 lakh tonnes of coal from South Africa Read more
- Green banks and green bonds can boost Indian renewable energy capacity Read more
- GERMI commissions 200 kW rooftop solar project in Ranchi Read more
- Madhya Pradesh joins power club Read more
- Surplus power available, but system hit by lack of buyers Read more