Power News We love to talk!
The Andhra Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (AP-Transco) has become the first public sector power utility in the country to adopt SAP India Pvt. Ltd’s ‘Transmission Utility New Enterprise Solution (TUNES)’, which is a platform of digitised energy management processes that help in meeting regulatory, environmental, operational, customer and technological requirements in a far better manner than what is possible with the conventional Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) architecture
Launching the new system at Vidyut Soudha here on Thursday, AP-Transco Chairman and Managing Director K. Vijayanand said the National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC), AP-Genco, and AP Southern and Eastern Power Distribution Companies Limited deployed the ERP, and it was AP-Transco that took the lead in catching up with the latest for further improving the standards in energy management.
Joint Managing Director (finance) Dinesh Paruchuri said TUNES makes financial control, materials management, plant maintenance, human capital management, file lifecycle and master data management and other functions easier and quicker. He said AP-Transco was also in the forefront of cloud computing and data analytics, and it was the State’s first public sector entity to use SAP’s Electronic Management Book.
SAP Delivery Head (South India and Sri Lanka) Sanjay S. Basu, AP-Transco Superintending Engineer (IT) S.V. Prasada Rao and chief engineers Ananda Rao, Adam, Srinivasa Rao, Subba Rao and Kanchana Babu were among those present.
- CERC said no to Massey's name for energy exchange post over FTIL association Read more
- Firm under probe for MP coal blocks also got Chhattisgarh ore reserves Read more
- India on-track to become self-sufficient in coal production: Anil Swarup, Secretary Read more
- Railway to invest more on solar-powered coaches, seeks funds for 12-coach rake Read more
- No power shortage in the country, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- No additional subsidy, agri power tariff set to zoom in Maharashtra Read more
- Modi discusses oil and gas investments with global experts Read more
- Government re-negotiating with HPCL on oil refinery: Vasundhara Raje Read more
- IEA terms India's plan to become energy independent as ambitious Read more
- Clean energy's share in India's power generation mix rises to 7.54 per cent Read more