Power News We love to talk!
The Andhra Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (AP-Transco) has become the first public sector power utility in the country to adopt SAP India Pvt. Ltd’s ‘Transmission Utility New Enterprise Solution (TUNES)’, which is a platform of digitised energy management processes that help in meeting regulatory, environmental, operational, customer and technological requirements in a far better manner than what is possible with the conventional Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) architecture
Launching the new system at Vidyut Soudha here on Thursday, AP-Transco Chairman and Managing Director K. Vijayanand said the National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC), AP-Genco, and AP Southern and Eastern Power Distribution Companies Limited deployed the ERP, and it was AP-Transco that took the lead in catching up with the latest for further improving the standards in energy management.
Joint Managing Director (finance) Dinesh Paruchuri said TUNES makes financial control, materials management, plant maintenance, human capital management, file lifecycle and master data management and other functions easier and quicker. He said AP-Transco was also in the forefront of cloud computing and data analytics, and it was the State’s first public sector entity to use SAP’s Electronic Management Book.
SAP Delivery Head (South India and Sri Lanka) Sanjay S. Basu, AP-Transco Superintending Engineer (IT) S.V. Prasada Rao and chief engineers Ananda Rao, Adam, Srinivasa Rao, Subba Rao and Kanchana Babu were among those present.
- Targets to tackle climate change will remain a dream without affordable technology: PM Modi Read more
- Govt energy website hacked; Yemeni terrorist group takes responsibility Read more
- Power crisis, falling prices put AP ferro-alloy units in trouble Read more
- Taking the solar power route Read more
- Indian Oil, Oil India may buy 20% in Rosneft asset Read more
- Domestic natural gas output continues to fall Read more
- Essar Power's Mahan coal block to start production by 2014-end Read more
- Adanis Australia mining story a test case for others Read more
- Experts hail government's move to integrate Oil PSUs Read more
- UN climate meet: CSE urges India to submit INDCs Read more