Coal News We love to talk!
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to direct India Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) to develop an integrated Naphtha Cracker unit at the Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemicals Investment Region (PCPIR) at the state's Paradip.
"An integrated Naphtha Cracker unit needs to be set up urgently if the objectives of setting up the PCPIR are to be realized," said Patnaik in a letter to Modi.
Such a unit would provide possibility of maximizing production of ethylene, propylene, butadiene and aromatic cuts, which work as feedstock for a variety of industries that could serve the increasing demand of petrochemical products in the country across sectors such as textiles, polymers, pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals etc, he said.
Patnaik said in the meeting held on January 30, 2014 under the chairmanship of the then Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, the establishment of a Naphtha Cracker unit was planned and IOCL was advised to evolve a time bound plan for producing power from gas instead of naphtha.
Subsequently, Odisha Chief Secretary in May 2015 requested Cabinet Secretary to intervene in the matter and impress upon IOCL to establish a Naphtha Cracker unit. "In view of the above, it is requested that IOCL may be asked to take up development of Naphtha Cracker and downstream units on priority," the Chief Minister said.
It is also important that development of common infrastructure and utilities at the PCPIR is taken up concurrently and necessary financial support from the Government of India is extended for the success of the project, he said, adding that this would help in spurring industrial as well as overall socio-economic development of the region.
- Free power to consumers, farmers will continue Read more
- FinMin opposes Parikh panels call for petro, LPG price hike Read more
- PSU-owned oil bunks to operate in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Reliance Industries petition against lapsing provision in land act; HC notices Attorney General of India Read more
- ADB environment expert predicts heat waves next summer Read more
- Rs 1,600 crore gas auction for 24GW plants to begin Read more
- Govt to boost trade ties with Asean: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Crisil, Teri, PwC vying for consultant's job in MNRE Read more
- Coal India devises strategy to stave off impact due to mine grade revision Read more
- Students harvest braking energy from vehicles Read more