Coal News We love to talk!
El acceptance for Electric Vehicles, public transportation and charging infrastructure in India. The event addressed the larger issues, challenges, emerging trends and wide array of opportunities for energy storage and electric vehicle solutions in India.
Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce & Industry emphasized the need for energy storage for greener, cleaner and more stable grid in India.
“Energy storage can change the dynamics of energy profile of the world and thus energy storage is a critical component in global energy strategy. We should be the leaders, we should invest in R&D,” added Prabhu. He encouraged participants to work together globally for R&D considering local needs. He hoped that ESI 2018 will help in addressing various issues related to energy storage ecosystem.
Addressing the future of Electric transportation in India, RV Deshpande, Minister of Large and Medium Scale Industries and Infrastructure Development, Govt. of Karnataka (First state to release electric vehicle and energy storage policy in India) said, “There is greater potential of growth for electric vehicles industry than any other state. The need is not just to boost the manufacturing of electric vehicles but also manufacturing of batteries. Karnataka is the first state to release electric vehicle and energy storage policy in India. We are also working towards setting up of skill development centre for the EV industry. In fact, the Karnataka government has approved a Rs 500 crore investment in Karnataka for energy storage and electric vehicles space. We encourage start-ups for investment in this segment. We aim at making Karnataka and India the research hub for EV and make Bangalore the EV capital of the country. Invent, Innovate and Invest in Karnataka, because future of India will come from Karnataka.”
- MOIL mulls developing high-grade manganese for electric vehicles Read more
- EY report outlines steps for India to replicate US success in shale gas Read more
- UPERC Proposes RE Tariff Read more
- Ailing NBFCs, fiscal gaps offset oil, tame inflation gains Read more
- Kerala's flagship Ring Main project to eliminate power cuts to be commissioned soon Read more
- Right of way, green nod hamper Karnataka power transmission Read more
- I Squared Capital Partners with Amplus to Create a Leader in Distributed Rooftop Solar Power in India Read more
- Karnataka to seek fresh bids for 1,320-Mw Gulbarga project Read more
- Texmaco to acquire majority stake in Bright Power Projects Read more
- ONGC sells CBM gas at $5.77-6.12 per MMBtu Read more