Power News We love to talk!
Adani Power has sought approval from the commerce ministry for setting up of a special economic zone for the power sector in Jharkhand, entailing investment of Rs 15,002 crore. The application will be considered by the Board of Approval, the highest decision making body of the SEZs, in its meeting on February 5. The inter-ministerial board is headed by the commerce secretary.
The developer of the zone – Adani Power (Jharkhand) has sought in-principle approval for setting up of a sector specific SEZ for power at Godda district in Jharkhand over an area of 425 hectares, an official said. The developer has informed the ministry that it is in the process of acquiring the land through the state government. The project, according to the company’s application, would generate 199 direct employment and 15,000 indirect jobs. According to industry sources, the company has already made sufficient advances to indicate its keenness to set up the project.
They said that the company has acquired certain parcels of land which would facilitate speedy implementation of the project. These parcels would be used for peripheral infrastructure like roads and storage. Adani Power (Jharkhand) is a step-down subsidiary of Gautam Adani Group firm Adani Power, which is mainly into power generation.
- After SC rejects claims, Adani Power, Essar Power, Tata Power cut supply to Gujarat Urja Vitran drastically Read more
- Power shutdown in Vellore, Thorappadi Read more
- CIL strike impact: Power outages likely in North and East as stations face coal crunch Read more
- After leading green energy revolution, why India must power-up solar waste management Read more
- Power Finance Corp. plans to tap overseas debt market Read more
- NTPC may snap power supply to BYPL for delay in dues payment Read more
- Indias Upendra Tripathy to head International Solar Alliance Read more
- UDAY points a brighter picture, saves Rs 7,900cr for Discoms Read more
- Solar powers his passion for being a social entrepreneur Read more
- Fertiliser Ministry allows swapping of KG gas supplied to RCF units with R-LNG Read more