Power News We love to talk!
Adani Power has sought approval from the commerce ministry for setting up of a special economic zone for the power sector in Jharkhand, entailing investment of Rs 15,002 crore. The application will be considered by the Board of Approval, the highest decision making body of the SEZs, in its meeting on February 5. The inter-ministerial board is headed by the commerce secretary.
The developer of the zone – Adani Power (Jharkhand) has sought in-principle approval for setting up of a sector specific SEZ for power at Godda district in Jharkhand over an area of 425 hectares, an official said. The developer has informed the ministry that it is in the process of acquiring the land through the state government. The project, according to the company’s application, would generate 199 direct employment and 15,000 indirect jobs. According to industry sources, the company has already made sufficient advances to indicate its keenness to set up the project.
They said that the company has acquired certain parcels of land which would facilitate speedy implementation of the project. These parcels would be used for peripheral infrastructure like roads and storage. Adani Power (Jharkhand) is a step-down subsidiary of Gautam Adani Group firm Adani Power, which is mainly into power generation.
- Tata-Sasol & JSPL gained R 54k cr with captive coal blocks Read more
- Government eyes $1.1 billion solar loan from German bank KFW Read more
- Adani Power may be disqualified from Rs 3,662-cr transmission projects Read more
- India plans to raise $3.7 billion selling Coal India shares Read more
- Odisha keen to partner NTPC for ultra mega solar plants Read more
- Siemens supplies nexgen transformers to NTPCs Karnataka power station Read more
- Fuel demand jumps 1.4% in March year-on-year: Government Read more
- India to conduct wind power auction next Tuesday Read more
- Nuke power boost gets a step closer Read more
- MNRE seeks exemption from safeguard duty for current solar power projects Read more