Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) on Monday said the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved sale of its integrated Mumbai power business to Adani Transmission in a 18,800 crore deal.
RInfra and Adani Transmission had signed a definitive binding agreement for 100 per cent stake sale of the integrated business of generation, transmission and distribution of power for Mumbai in December 2017, RInfra said in a statement.
According to the statement, total consideration value is estimated at 18,800 crore. The transaction is expected to be completed by March 2018. RInfra will utilise the proceeds of this transformative transaction entirely to reduce its debt. This is the largest ever debt reducing exercise by any corporate.
This monetisation is a major step in RInfra’s deleveraging strategy for future growth. Reliance Infrastructure’s Mumbai power business (known as Reliance Energy) is India’s largest private sector integrated power utility distributing electricity to nearly 3 million residential, industrial and commercial consumers in the suburbs of Mumbai, covering an area of 400 sq km, it said.
It caters to a peak demand of over 1,800 MW, with annual revenues of 7,500 crore with stable cash flows. RInfra will focus on upcoming opportunities in asset light EPC (engineering procurement and construction) and defence businesses, it added.
- RInfra bags Rs 3,647 crore contract for thermal power project in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Ground realities force Coal India to push back production target Read more
- Mumbai Oil Spill: NGT orders Delta Shipping to pay Rs 100 cr Read more
- Crude price decline hurts shale prospects Read more
- Centre to boost compost sale, build waste-to-energy plants Read more
- Bring natural gas under GST fold: BC Tripathi, CMD GAIL Read more
- Digital Transactions at Petrol Pumps Rise After Note Ban, Comprise 30 per cent Read more
- RBI's notification on renewable energy sector Read more
- Fuel prices rise again, threaten to breach Rs 90 a litre in Mumbai Read more
- Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma named UN Environment's Patron for Clean Air Read more