Power News We love to talk!
State-run hydro power giant NHPC on Monday posted 220% jump in its net profit at Rs687.93 crore in the quarter ended December 2017, mainly on account of higher revenue.
The company’s standalone net profit was Rs214.69 crore in the quarter ended 31 December 2016, NHPC said in a BSE filing on Monday. The company has received a total revenue of Rs2,066.76 crore in the quarter as compared to Rs1,483.57 crore a year ago.
Besides, approving the financial results, the board of the company at its meeting held on Monday also declared interim dividend at the rate of 11.20% (Rs1.12 per share) on the face value of paid-up equity shares of Rs10 each for 2017-18. The interim dividend shall be paid/dispatched within the period as stipulated in Companies Act, 2013, it added.
During April-December, the company’s standalone net profit was Rs2,569.23 crore as compared to Rs2,627.17 crore. Its total income in the nine-month period was Rs6,990.60 crore as compared to Rs7,124.85 crore. The company had reported a net profit of Rs2,795.59 crore in the fiscal ended 31 March 2017.
- Use of solar panels for green power generation on the rise in Mumbai Read more
- IMG for scrapping 30 captive coal blocks Read more
- Power Ministry may issue tax-free bonds to fund hydropower plants Read more
- Indian coal utilities seek state funds or tariff hike to cut emissions Read more
- 10,000 houses to have solar panels in Tamil Nadu Read more
- India nips at China's heels in race to collect Sri Lanka port assets Read more
- A power meeting Read more
- Solar Power will not kill thermal; heres why Read more
- Govt keen to raise private role in power distribution Read more
- Swan Energy, Mitsui OSK partner for India's first LNG FSRU Port Project worth Rs 6,000 Cr Read more