Power News We love to talk!
State-run hydro power giant NHPC on Monday posted 220% jump in its net profit at Rs687.93 crore in the quarter ended December 2017, mainly on account of higher revenue.
The company’s standalone net profit was Rs214.69 crore in the quarter ended 31 December 2016, NHPC said in a BSE filing on Monday. The company has received a total revenue of Rs2,066.76 crore in the quarter as compared to Rs1,483.57 crore a year ago.
Besides, approving the financial results, the board of the company at its meeting held on Monday also declared interim dividend at the rate of 11.20% (Rs1.12 per share) on the face value of paid-up equity shares of Rs10 each for 2017-18. The interim dividend shall be paid/dispatched within the period as stipulated in Companies Act, 2013, it added.
During April-December, the company’s standalone net profit was Rs2,569.23 crore as compared to Rs2,627.17 crore. Its total income in the nine-month period was Rs6,990.60 crore as compared to Rs7,124.85 crore. The company had reported a net profit of Rs2,795.59 crore in the fiscal ended 31 March 2017.
- Ushering In An Age Of Smart Transport: An Overview Of Electric Vehicles And Why They Are Crucial For India Read more
- Status quo for solar industry Read more
- Thermal power plants in Delhi may be told to switch to gas Read more
- Coal auction: Blocks to private firms might cut power rates Read more
- JP Morgan in talks to sell stake in Leap Green Energy for $200 million Read more
- Wind power has seen steady growth in India: Rajeev Kapoor, Secy, MNRE Read more
- Solar tariffs at a new low with Amplus Energy bid Read more
- Renewable energy companies viability under threat as Maharashtra discoms fail to pay Rs 2300 cr dues Read more
- Power shock for Salem Corporation Read more
- District Electricity Committee holds its first meeting Read more