Power News We love to talk!
State-run hydro power giant NHPC on Monday posted 220% jump in its net profit at Rs687.93 crore in the quarter ended December 2017, mainly on account of higher revenue.
The company’s standalone net profit was Rs214.69 crore in the quarter ended 31 December 2016, NHPC said in a BSE filing on Monday. The company has received a total revenue of Rs2,066.76 crore in the quarter as compared to Rs1,483.57 crore a year ago.
Besides, approving the financial results, the board of the company at its meeting held on Monday also declared interim dividend at the rate of 11.20% (Rs1.12 per share) on the face value of paid-up equity shares of Rs10 each for 2017-18. The interim dividend shall be paid/dispatched within the period as stipulated in Companies Act, 2013, it added.
During April-December, the company’s standalone net profit was Rs2,569.23 crore as compared to Rs2,627.17 crore. Its total income in the nine-month period was Rs6,990.60 crore as compared to Rs7,124.85 crore. The company had reported a net profit of Rs2,795.59 crore in the fiscal ended 31 March 2017.
- CCI clears JSW Energy purchase of JSPL's 1,000 MW power plant Read more
- Minister promises surplus power in State Read more
- Captive power units may get less fuel from Coal India Read more
- CERC fixes transmission charges for assets under System Strengthening-XVII in Southern Grid Read more
- GAIL may face loss on US contract owing to price mismatch Read more
- Coal auction: Government to meet potential bidders this week Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- TS-Genco to retire 8 units of KTPS with 720 MW capacity Read more
- UPERC directs SLDC to grant STOA to NPCL on firm basis up to three months Read more
- JSW Energy cancels Rs 2,700 cr deal to buy Jaiprakash Power Ventures 500 MW Bina plant Read more