Power News We love to talk!
The Anil Ambani-led Reliance Power completed a decade since its public listing on the exchange. The scrip created ripples in the market for enjoying a valuation higher than existing power generation companies. On February 11, 2008, the company made its debut on the exchanges with a listing price of Rs 232.7 per share. The stock, however, was on a steady downfall.
Now the price is at Rs 47.4 per share. The company's stock performance left the Street wondering if it was over-priced or if the existing power companies' stocks were under-valued.
But, it was not long before the initial optimism fizzled out. A bullish outlook on India’s energy story and R-Power’s mega expansion plans drove the aggressive pricing.
R-Power had projected an ambitious capacity of more than 28,100 megawatt by 2016. At present, the company operates at a total capacity 5,945 Mw. Part of its capacity addition plans, two of the three ultra-mega power plants that R-Power won through competitive bidding, never saw the light of the day due to various reasons including land acquisition and coal supply issues.
- Tata Motors to begin electric vehicles initiative from Sanand: Mayank Pareek Read more
- Government cancels one of 3 mines alloted for Reliance Power's Sasan Project Read more
- NTPC Plans to Scale Up Coal Output to Meet 25% of Needs Read more
- REC inks Rs 13,000 crore pact with Maharashtra power generation firm Read more
- Ten years of Anil Ambani-led Reliance Power listing: All you need to know Read more
- Adani Power inks power purchase pact with Bangladesh Read more
- Karnataka energy minister meets Maharashtra CM over coal block hurdle Read more
- Piyush Goyal says 83 cancelled coal mines allocated so far Read more
- State promises to fire up work on delayed FACT gas pipeline Read more
- ONGC signs deal to acquire additional 11% stake in Russias Vankorneft Read more