Power News We love to talk!
The Anil Ambani-led Reliance Power completed a decade since its public listing on the exchange. The scrip created ripples in the market for enjoying a valuation higher than existing power generation companies. On February 11, 2008, the company made its debut on the exchanges with a listing price of Rs 232.7 per share. The stock, however, was on a steady downfall.
Now the price is at Rs 47.4 per share. The company's stock performance left the Street wondering if it was over-priced or if the existing power companies' stocks were under-valued.
But, it was not long before the initial optimism fizzled out. A bullish outlook on India’s energy story and R-Power’s mega expansion plans drove the aggressive pricing.
R-Power had projected an ambitious capacity of more than 28,100 megawatt by 2016. At present, the company operates at a total capacity 5,945 Mw. Part of its capacity addition plans, two of the three ultra-mega power plants that R-Power won through competitive bidding, never saw the light of the day due to various reasons including land acquisition and coal supply issues.
- ONGC is said to plan $4.8 billion Indian Oil, GAIL stake sale Read more
- Sterlite Power bags $ 800 m transmission project in Brazil Read more
- SunEdison to put 400 MW of upcoming solar capacity on sale; calls off Continuum buy Read more
- Stalled power projects expose PSBs to risk of Rs 96,484 crore Read more
- KERC directs discoms to pay for energy injected by FHPPLs WPP before execution of W&BA; Read more
- Odisha mulls new renewable energy policy Read more
- Power sector stable, says Moody's; ICRA sees mix results for UDAY Read more
- Siemens supplies nexgen transformers to NTPCs Karnataka power station Read more
- Govt to auction 7 coal mines to private firms Read more
- First Solar to facilitate funding for micro-grid projects Read more