Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh said that the government was committed to providing electricty to un-electrified households by 2019.
He said that out of the 18,450 villages without electricity, more than 16,800 had been given power supply as on date.
Speaking to reporters here, he said that the "Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana" also called "Saubhagya", launched in September last year, was a move towards this goal and that about 4 crore households would benefit from it.
Singh said that under this scheme, all un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas were eligible, adding that non-poor households would have to pay Rs 500 in ten equal instalments along with their electricity bill every month.
He also announced that a 765 kV transmission line facility would be commissioned soon in Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh.
- GMR to commission two power projects next month Read more
- Coal India output rises second straight month as plants buy more Read more
- Narendra Modi, Vladimir Putin to hold talks on setting up 2 new units at Kudankulam plant Read more
- Coal India's fuel pact with sponge iron makers one-sided: CCI report Read more
- If UP can raise power tariff substantially, so can others Read more
- Power bill likely to jump 10-14 paise per unit as CEA asks Coal India to raise coal prices Read more
- Govt plans to phase out incandescent bulbs in the next three years Read more
- Reliance Power refutes AAP allegations on coal allotment for Sasan project Read more
- Consumers notice little change in power bills Read more
- Power Min asks Coal Min to change penalty clause in fuel pacts Read more