Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh said that the government was committed to providing electricty to un-electrified households by 2019.
He said that out of the 18,450 villages without electricity, more than 16,800 had been given power supply as on date.
Speaking to reporters here, he said that the "Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana" also called "Saubhagya", launched in September last year, was a move towards this goal and that about 4 crore households would benefit from it.
Singh said that under this scheme, all un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas were eligible, adding that non-poor households would have to pay Rs 500 in ten equal instalments along with their electricity bill every month.
He also announced that a 765 kV transmission line facility would be commissioned soon in Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh.
- All villages to be electrified by May 2017: Goyal Read more
- Inter-regional grids to help evacuate more power to South Read more
- Suzlon to build 2000 MW wind energy projects in MP over next five years Read more
- Renewable energyIndias sunrise sector Read more
- MPERC recommends connection at 11 KV for Solanki Energys 250 KW solar PV power plant at Raisen Read more
- Odisha loses revenue from coal sector Read more
- India to see 2,500 MW additionall solar power capacity: Report Read more
- ICRA warns against aggresive coal bidding, says may hurt projects Read more
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to distribute free LED bulbs in Goa Read more
- India to sign agreement with Bangladesh for power supply: Minister Read more