Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh said that the government was committed to providing electricty to un-electrified households by 2019.
He said that out of the 18,450 villages without electricity, more than 16,800 had been given power supply as on date.
Speaking to reporters here, he said that the "Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana" also called "Saubhagya", launched in September last year, was a move towards this goal and that about 4 crore households would benefit from it.
Singh said that under this scheme, all un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas were eligible, adding that non-poor households would have to pay Rs 500 in ten equal instalments along with their electricity bill every month.
He also announced that a 765 kV transmission line facility would be commissioned soon in Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh.
- Solar power may become cheaper than thermal in 2-3 years: India Ratings and Research Read more
- Two AP discoms to ink triparite deal for UDAY Read more
- States agree on draft terms on coal block allocation to PSUs Read more
- NTPC yet to get promised land from West Bengal government Read more
- Power paralysis! 20% of capacity shut down for lack of fuel & equipment failure Read more
- Common power market needed across country: Arvind Subramanian Read more
- Goyal urges lighting industry to correct LED pricing Read more
- Regulator releases draft of Open Access Regulations, 2014 Read more
- Cabinet likely to approve UMPP bid paper soon, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- Indias blue sky pledge gives power to countrys green bonds Read more