Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh said that the government was committed to providing electricty to un-electrified households by 2019.
He said that out of the 18,450 villages without electricity, more than 16,800 had been given power supply as on date.
Speaking to reporters here, he said that the "Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana" also called "Saubhagya", launched in September last year, was a move towards this goal and that about 4 crore households would benefit from it.
Singh said that under this scheme, all un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas were eligible, adding that non-poor households would have to pay Rs 500 in ten equal instalments along with their electricity bill every month.
He also announced that a 765 kV transmission line facility would be commissioned soon in Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh.
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- Production down 'slightly' at Lanco India plant after pipeline blast Read more
- Power exchanges pursue NPEX for partnerships Read more
- Cheyyur UMPP's electricity to be unaffordable: IEEFA Read more
- MERC approves short-term power procurement by RInfra-D from Tata Powers Trombay Unit 6 Read more
- CBM producers can't charge more than natural gas: Oil Min Read more
- Shapoorji Pallonji Group in stake sale talks for solar portfolio Read more
- Wind projects in peril as Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka rethink purchases Read more
- Despite grim scenario, no power cuts: says Energy Minister Read more
- BGR Energy Systems Q4 profit drops 31% Read more