Power News We love to talk!
Rajasthan government in its last Budget claimed that in the last four years, 6,700 MW of power was added to the state's power generation capacity. The state made rapid strides in the non-conventional energy sector with the generation of 3161 MW of power from solar power alone.
Due to the increase in the efficiency of the power production, coal per power unit has come down, it claimed.
Besides, the power production companies saved up to Rs 55-60 crore from coal swapping arrangement. The Budget claimed that the Rajasthan Vudut Utpatan Nigan Ltd which had a cumulative loss of Rs 2,600 crore in 2014-15 has made a turn around and by December 2017 made a profit of Rs 400 crore.
In order to strengthen the power transmission and distribution system, the Budget proposes to set up one 400 KV station, 132 KV stations 15 and 33 KV stations 200 in the next financial year.
Under the Deen Dayal Udapdhaya Gram Jyoti Yojanna (DDUGJY) 9.62 lakh domestic power connections were given and in the upcoming year a target has been fixed for another 7 lakh more connections under the scheme.
The setting up of 24 new divisional and 93 sub-divisional offices is proposed in the Budget to improve discoms' network to provide better services to the consumers. The chief minister said, two lakh agriculture connections pending till January 2012 will be given in the next financial year.
- No restrictions on buying power from multiple sources: Appellate Tribunal of Electricity Read more
- Coal blocks won cleanly could be back on the block Read more
- Delhi Metro starts buying solar energy at Rs. 6 per unit Read more
- No excise duty for wind turbine parts Read more
- Niti Aayog to go beyond traditional areas of planning Read more
- APERC fixes tariff for Empee Powers co-generation power plants using coal as secondary fuel Read more
- Discoms default may lead to power woes in Delhi Read more
- ReNew Power to buy wind power business of KC Thapar Group for Rs 1,000 crore Read more
- AP utility cuts power supply to Abhijeet Ferrotech for payment default Read more
- ICICI Lombard offers solar panel warranty insurance policy Read more