Power News We love to talk!
Rajasthan government in its last Budget claimed that in the last four years, 6,700 MW of power was added to the state's power generation capacity. The state made rapid strides in the non-conventional energy sector with the generation of 3161 MW of power from solar power alone.
Due to the increase in the efficiency of the power production, coal per power unit has come down, it claimed.
Besides, the power production companies saved up to Rs 55-60 crore from coal swapping arrangement. The Budget claimed that the Rajasthan Vudut Utpatan Nigan Ltd which had a cumulative loss of Rs 2,600 crore in 2014-15 has made a turn around and by December 2017 made a profit of Rs 400 crore.
In order to strengthen the power transmission and distribution system, the Budget proposes to set up one 400 KV station, 132 KV stations 15 and 33 KV stations 200 in the next financial year.
Under the Deen Dayal Udapdhaya Gram Jyoti Yojanna (DDUGJY) 9.62 lakh domestic power connections were given and in the upcoming year a target has been fixed for another 7 lakh more connections under the scheme.
The setting up of 24 new divisional and 93 sub-divisional offices is proposed in the Budget to improve discoms' network to provide better services to the consumers. The chief minister said, two lakh agriculture connections pending till January 2012 will be given in the next financial year.
- UN official Kandeh Yumkella meets M Venkaiah Naidu, pitches for solar power promotion Read more
- Hardly any demand for power in country: Coal secretary Anil Swarup Read more
- India likely to strike deal with Vietnam for oil exploration Read more
- Orissa Regulator expands the applicability of its order on Solar Net Metering Read more
- Goyal to lay stress on alternative energy sources at Davos meet Read more
- 22 Coal India mining projects receive green nod in FY16 Read more
- ONGC to decide on stake sale in CBM blocks by month-end Read more
- Govt invokes Electricity Act to cap fuel charges Read more
- Nalco to invest Rs 660 cr on 100 MW wind power plant Read more
- Phase-II of National Solar Mission gets good response Read more