Coal News We love to talk!
Probing corruption charges against officials of Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) in coal block allocation scam, the CBI has sought prosecution sanction against 1985 batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre — Yogendra Tripathi in its coal scam probe. Tripathi, currently chairman-cum-managing director of Food Corporation of India (FCI) at the Centre, was managing director of state-government run KPCL between October 2010 and February 2012.
KPCL, which is headed by the chief minister Siddaramaiah, is under CBI investigation for allegedly ignoring joint venture conditions to give pecuniary gains to private partners after the corporation was allocated six coal blocks-—Kiloni, Manora Deep, and Baranj I-IV in 2003.
The agency had registered an FIR in 2015 under prevention of corruption act and cheating to probe the role of unknown officials of KPCL, unknown officials of Karnataka EMTA coal Mine Limited, Bangalore, and erstwhile Gupta Coal Fields and Washeries Limited (now known as Gupta Global Resources Pvt Limited).
Sources say prosecution sanction request has been sent to department of personnel and training (DoPT). CBI spokesperson Abhishek Dayal confirmed the development.
The DOPT, which operates under ministry of personnel, reportedly sought comments from Karnataka government in the matter since Tripathi belongs to Karnataka cadre. The state government is learnt to have conveyed that no case is made out against Tripathi.
However, DoPT and CVC are further examining the matter before a decision is taken, said sources. When contacted by TOI, Yogendra Tripathi refused to comment.
- IDFC Alternatives eyes deals in stressed thermal power sector Read more
- India, China vie to tap clean energy market by phasing out fossil-fuel vehicles Read more
- Gautam Adani to invest $2 billion in new power plant in Odisha Read more
- Heat wave pushes up electricity prices in spot market Read more
- India renews talks on building nuclear power plants: report Read more
- JSPL reopens Mozambique mines to tap rising coking coal price Read more
- Rs 2,000 crore insurance to refiners for using Iranian oil soon Read more
- CPM politburo member Prakash Karat urges people to oppose nuclear power plant Read more
- AAP accuses Mukesh Ambani of money laundering; Reliance Industries issues strong denial Read more
- KSEB starts safety drive at Sabarimala Read more