Coal News We love to talk!
eTrio, a start-up focussing on the emerging electric-vehicles space, has been testing the prototypes of two EVs, a hatch and a sedan, for launch, over the next few months.
The Hyderabad-based company has already set up an electric-car assembly unit on a six-acre site at Bolarum, which will have a capacity to roll out 1,500 cars a month.
Sathya Yalamanchili, founder, eTrio, said: “While the EV 150 hatch, as the name suggests, can run 150 km, the EV 180 sedan can do 180 km on a single charge. The former has already secured an ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) certification, and the latter is undergoing tests.”
“We have tied up with some original equipment manufacturers in India and one in the US, and powertrain suppliers in China and Taiwan. We plan to assemble Lithium-ion battery sources from Taiwan for the cars,” Yalamanchili told BusinessLine.
“Soon, the EV market is expected to get crowded with some of the major players leading the electric mobility drive. Yet, we believe we have the technology and right tie-ups to play a role in this space. Our focus will be only fleet operators. The immediate goal is to role out the first batch of about 300 units over the next few months,” he said.
All the EVs that will deployed will be monitored at a central station through a GPS network. These vehicles will also get real-time information on the nearest charge station. The batteries can be charged to up to 80 per cent of capacity within 30 minutes, he said.
“We have so far invested about $2 million (about 13 crore) on the project. And as we expand, we will look at options to raise funds,” Yalamanchili said.
- India plans investment treaty with Qatar during PM Narendra Modi s visit Read more
- Coal India starts new major mine in at least 5 years Read more
- Green panel gives nod to MCL's coal washery project in Odisha Read more
- Indias Coal Bed Methane production jumped more than 44 percent to 565 MMSCM last fiscal Read more
- Govt considers dollar window for oil firms, bonds to ease rupee pressure: report Read more
- Vedanta agrees to profit petroleum at 40 pc for Barmer block, pending court ruling Read more
- NLC India gets new mining equipment Read more
- ONGC to open Indias 8th sedimentary basin with Kutch gas find Read more
- No survivors in India coal mine collapse as toll hits 18 Read more
- Power minister Piyush Goyal says government will act soon to resolve fuel scarcity issue Read more