Power News We love to talk!
Agency for Nonconventional Energy and Rural Technology (Anert) has launched the first-ever renewable energy census campaign in the country. A mobile application (app) has been launched for the purpose. Those who register their renewable energy equipment, using the app, would be eligible for one-year free insurance cover to the registered devices.
SouraVeedhi mobile app has been developed for people engaged in various activities related to renewable energy programmes in the state. The app is currently available for Android smartphones on Google Play Store. It would soon be made available for Apple phones.
According to Anert sources, the renewable energy census would give the agency and the state some information about the permeation of electrical equipment that run on renewable energy sources, mainly solar.
There is no comprehensive information or database on the installation of renewable energy devices. Collection and compilation of such data would help in proper maintenance of the installations. The details of installations done during the past five years from April 2012 can be registered through SouraVeedhi app. Details of the consumer, details of the device including photos and geo-tag (location) can be provided through the app.
Anert is also setting up Akshaya urja service centres in the 140 assembly constituencies in the state. Those who register through SouraVeedhi app will get information on their nearest service centre and technician of the service centre will visit them and provide necessary advice on the maintenance of the system.
- Non-power sectors may get supplies for 10 years if coal linkages are auctioned Read more
- Renewable Energy India Expo to kick-start with 45 participating countries on Tuesday Read more
- Weaker solar radiation, poor ratings of discoms keep solar tariff above Rs 3/unit in UP Read more
- BPCL expects green nod for Rs 2-lakh-crore mega refinery in Konkan belt Read more
- Order on proposal for revision of Bulk Supply Tariff (BST) applicable to Licensees Read more
- Despite the surge in renewables, emission levels almost unchanged Read more
- "Bhumi Pujan" for 1 MW Solar PV Power Generation System at Rourkela Steel Plant Read more
- CERC allows extension of time for infirm power injection to Vallur TPP of NTECL Read more
- If India meets renewables target, no more coal power needed till 2027 Read more
- Power Play: All households to get power connection by December, says govt Read more