Power News We love to talk!
Agency for Nonconventional Energy and Rural Technology (Anert) has launched the first-ever renewable energy census campaign in the country. A mobile application (app) has been launched for the purpose. Those who register their renewable energy equipment, using the app, would be eligible for one-year free insurance cover to the registered devices.
SouraVeedhi mobile app has been developed for people engaged in various activities related to renewable energy programmes in the state. The app is currently available for Android smartphones on Google Play Store. It would soon be made available for Apple phones.
According to Anert sources, the renewable energy census would give the agency and the state some information about the permeation of electrical equipment that run on renewable energy sources, mainly solar.
There is no comprehensive information or database on the installation of renewable energy devices. Collection and compilation of such data would help in proper maintenance of the installations. The details of installations done during the past five years from April 2012 can be registered through SouraVeedhi app. Details of the consumer, details of the device including photos and geo-tag (location) can be provided through the app.
Anert is also setting up Akshaya urja service centres in the 140 assembly constituencies in the state. Those who register through SouraVeedhi app will get information on their nearest service centre and technician of the service centre will visit them and provide necessary advice on the maintenance of the system.
- SECI's fresh wind energy tender for 1,200 Mw sees better response Read more
- Every Bihar household to be lit up by end of next year: Nitish Kumar Read more
- Solar case: Vigilance court orders FIR against Chandy, colleague Read more
- Renewable Energy Projects are exempted from the payment of Inter-State transmission charges and losses Read more
- MNREs National Energy Storage Mission to be ready this fiscal Read more
- ISA planning insurance mechanism for risk mitigation for solar power plants Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Tangedco to procure wind power through reverse auction Read more
- Over a third of UP voters cite power cuts as top election issue, survey shows Read more
- Refining industry facing challenging times: Indian Oil Corp official Read more