Coal News We love to talk!
Assam-based Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) has made an entry into the North American market, dispatching a consignment of 80 metric tonnes (MT) of wax to the United States.
The company added that early this month a consignment of 64 MT of wax was exported to Portugal, the second European country after Poland where NRL Wax has been exported. This was followed by the export of 86 MT of wax to Ecuador.
“Ecuador is the seventh South American [Latin American] country where NRL wax has been exported, after Mexico, Nicaragua, Brazil, Guatemala, Chile and Argentina. With the three exports in the month of February 2018, a total quantity of 7,780 MT has been exported by NRL to 25 countries worldwide," the company said.
The company also reported that more exports to existing and new countries are lined up in the coming months in line with its strategy to make NRL Wax a brand to be reckoned with globally.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had dedicated NRL’s wax plant to the nation on February 5, 2016. The 50,000 Metric Tonnes (MT) wax plant, commissioned in March 2015 at a cost of Rs. 676 crore, is the country’s largest wax producing unit with indigenous technology developed by the Indian Institute of Petroleum-Dehradun, Engineers India Ltd and NRL.
- India to save $8.5 billion in oil imports from Iran: Veerappa Moily to PM Read more
- Govt plans larger oil auctions as Narendra Modi pursues import cuts Read more
- Gamesa India to commission 800MW of wind power projects in 2014-15 Read more
- $300 bn dollar energy investment coming to India in 10 yrs: Pradhan Read more
- Thermal Power plants worried about Indonesian coal curbs Read more
- RIL, BP plan to revive $6-bn investment in KGD6, NEC 25 Read more
- Coal companies go slow on spending, 52% of targeted expenditure met Read more
- RIL realises five times its investment from Eagle Ford Midstream sale Read more
- India revives talks on gas pipeline connecting it with Oman and Iran Read more
- Oil India, BPCL to issue bonds for Russian buy Read more