Power News We love to talk!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday inaugurated Uttar Pradesh’s biggest solar power plant in Mirzapur district’s Chhanvey block. The 100 MW plant will be producing 75 MW of electricity for the time being.
Built at a cost of around `650 crore by French firm Engie Solar, the plant has come up at Dadar Kalan village on the hilly Vindhyas mountains range. Around 1.18 lakh solar panels have been set up on over 380 acre and the plant will generate 15.6 crore units of electricity annually, which is about 1.30 crore units per month.
Electricity from this plant would be transmitted to Mirzapur’s Jigna sub-station of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation, officials said, adding that the plant has been completed in 18 months and can feed 1.5 lakh households every day. The International Solar Alliance is a treaty-based international inter-governmental alliance of 121 solar resource-rich countries lying fully or partially between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. The aim of the alliance is to promote solar energy and reduce the use of fossil fuels in these countries.
The prime minister pledged to generate 175 gigawatts (GW) of electricity in India from renewable energy sources by 2022, of which 100 GW would be generated from solar power. Of 121 potential countries, 61 have already joined the International Solar Alliance, while 32 have ratified the framework agreement.
- Whether a Consumer is liable to pay Cross Subsidy Surcharge to the Distribution Licensee for availing power supply under Open Access even during the period when the Distribution Licensee was unable to supply power to the said Consumer and had imposed power cuts on the consumer? Read more
- SBI to soon take call on Adanis $1 bn loan for Australian project Read more
- US announces $7.5 mn to advance Indias power grid Read more
- D6 gas: Panel to review allocation today Read more
- SPML Infra bags new orders worth Rs. 250 cr Read more
- Canadas SkyPower signs four pacts with Telangana govt to build 200 MW solar projects Read more
- IEA's view out of touch, thermal coal demand won't rise beyond 10%: Report Read more
- CERC order on Adanis Mundra UMPP Read more
- IDFC PE buys 15% stake in Diliigent Power project Read more
- Power companies may index rupee debt with global currencies: Piyush Goyal Read more