Power News We love to talk!
New Development Bank and International Solar Alliance have joined hands to promote solar energy across the globe.
“On March 10 2018, the New Development Bank (NDB) and International Solar Alliance (ISA) signed in New Delhi, India a Joint Declaration for the Promotion of Solar Energy Globally,” an NDB statement said. The Declaration was signed by K V Kamath, the NDB President and Upendra Tripathy, Interim Director General of ISA, in the presence of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
The NDB and the ISA agreed to consider a roadmap for the mobilisation of financing to promote solar energy in countries of common interest and to explore mechanisms for supporting solar energy development.
The parties will mutually support the implementation of the NDB’s and ISA’s plans for solar energy development and deployment through technical assistance and knowledge transfer.
The NDB was established by Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa to mobilise resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies and developing countries.
International Solar Alliance (ISA) is a treaty-based international inter-governmental organisation which was launched on November 30, 2015, in Paris, France, and headquarters at Gurgaon, Haryana.
- ONGC in talks with Statoil, Ecopetrol Read more
- Proposed policy to push solar UMPPs of 3,000 MW & above Read more
- Rlys eyes solar to save Rs. 41,000 cr in energy costs Read more
- India in top 6 to create most green energy jobs Read more
- ReNew Power files for IPO that could raise $1 billion Read more
- UPERC adopts Tariff for procurement of 200MW of solar power Read more
- Bhopal: 2 mnths on, no power consumer walked in for solar net metering Read more
- Coal India told to examine spot e-auction scheme Read more
- Coal projects: Environment ministry eases clearance rule Read more
- Reliance Power: progress in projects critical Read more