Power News We love to talk!
New Development Bank and International Solar Alliance have joined hands to promote solar energy across the globe.
“On March 10 2018, the New Development Bank (NDB) and International Solar Alliance (ISA) signed in New Delhi, India a Joint Declaration for the Promotion of Solar Energy Globally,” an NDB statement said. The Declaration was signed by K V Kamath, the NDB President and Upendra Tripathy, Interim Director General of ISA, in the presence of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
The NDB and the ISA agreed to consider a roadmap for the mobilisation of financing to promote solar energy in countries of common interest and to explore mechanisms for supporting solar energy development.
The parties will mutually support the implementation of the NDB’s and ISA’s plans for solar energy development and deployment through technical assistance and knowledge transfer.
The NDB was established by Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa to mobilise resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies and developing countries.
International Solar Alliance (ISA) is a treaty-based international inter-governmental organisation which was launched on November 30, 2015, in Paris, France, and headquarters at Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Nuclear Power: India trying to join Wassenaar Arrangement, Australia Group Read more
- Auto companies like Hyundai, Tata Motors, advance plans to make electric cars in India Read more
- CAG says govt shouldn't pay RIL $395 mn towards cost recovery Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan meets Lebanon, Russia Energy Ministers at WPC Read more
- India's energy intensity rises 10.5% since FY06 Read more
- Discom rejigging next on govt agenda Read more
- Policy needed to make storage part of all renewable energy projects: expert Read more
- CERC determines the floor price and forbearance price for Solar and Non-Solar REC with effect from 1st April, 2017 Read more
- No nuclear power for states that oppose it: Power minister Read more
- Cairn India moves Delhi HC seeking refund of operating costs of Ravva oil field Read more