Power News We love to talk!
State-run power equipment maker BHEL today said that it has bagged an order worth Rs 736 crore from Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) for the supply of steam generators to a plant at Gorakhpur in Fatehabad district of Haryana. The order has been received against competitive bidding, a BHEL statement said.
According to the statement, the steam generators will be used for a 700 MWe Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) to be installed at Fatehabad district of Haryana. The steam generators will be manufactured at the Tiruchirappalli plant of BHEL.
The company has been a pioneer in the design and development of nuclear steam generators along the NPCIL and has so far supplied 38 steam generators for various nuclear power installations in the country. Currently, BHEL manufactured steam turbine generator sets contribute nearly half of the country’s total installed nuclear power capacity.
The BHEL claimed that it is the only Indian company associated with all the three stages of the Indian Nuclear Power Programme - the first stage Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWR), the second stage Fast Breeder Reactor (FBR) and the third stage Advanced Heavy Water Reactor (AHWR). It has been a partner for over four decades in the development of the indigenous Nuclear Power Programme since its inception.
- 3,000-5,000 MW of coal-based capacity reduced to near junk Read more
- Kerala issues Draft Regulations for Grant of Connectivity and Open Access in intra- state transmission/distribution system Read more
- Govt shelves BHEL divestment Read more
- Concerns far from over for BHEL Read more
- Clean energy commitments Livemint Read more
- Govt benchmarks tariff for Bhadla solar park at Rs3.43 per unit Read more
- Early clearance likely for 300 MW Uttarakhand hydropower plant Read more
- Jaitapur nuclear power plant to be completed at all costs: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis Read more
- Tamil Nadu needs urgent policy on green energy, say experts Read more
- APTransco cuts bid capacity for long-term purchase Read more