Coal News We love to talk!
Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, will inaugurate the Delhi Energy Dialogue 2018, on March 14, organised by Ashden India Collective (AIC) in alliance with Climate Parliament.
The high level plenary session will also be attended by R K Singh, Minister of State for Power, New and Renewable Energy, as the chief guest, Jitendra Singh, Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office, Rajen Gohain, Minister of State for Railways and Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Law and Justice and Electronics and Information Technology as other dignitaries.
The first edition of the Delhi Energy Dialogue, will be spread over three sessions during the day. The industry and energy leaders along with the policy makers will discuss the current scenario, roadmap to achieve the target for renewable energy generation of 175 Gigawatt by 2022, opportunities and challenges.
The objective is to ensure availability, accessibility and affordability of energy for all, achieveing100% energy for all with sustained and quality power supply.
Elaborating of the plenary, Keshav C Das, Chief Executive Officer, Ashden India, said, "Delhi Energy Dialogue' is an initiative to promote sustainable solutions for better lives. The session will provide insights on how India will provide 24x7 power across the country by 2019 by creating cost effective infrastructure, which is sustainable and inclusive of clean energy solutions. I am sure this will go a long way in reducing the energy poverty and providing the last mile access to electricity to all in the country."
The Delhi Energy Dialogue 2018 will also host few technical sessions, where in, 28 plus Ashden award winners from India will share their best practices in clean and sustainable energy.
Established in 2010, the Ashden India Collective (AIC), helps to increase access to energy for India's rural poor and to capitalise on the critical mass of innovative business models delivering sustainable energy in the country.
- Worlds biggest natural gas producer Gazprom eyes bigger share in India Read more
- ONGC Videsh in talks to buy shale gas assets in US, Canada Read more
- India may add 6,000 MW wind power capacity in FY'18: IWTMA Read more
- Power, Oil Ministers discuss fuel supply, pricing issues Read more
- Draft Meghalaya State Electricity Regulatory Commission (Renewable Energy Purchase Obligation & Compliance) Regulations, 2014 Read more
- Mumbai discoms gear up for scorching summer, expect 10% rise in peak power demand Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan assures Mauritius of continuous support in meeting energy requirement Read more
- CERC approves generation tariff for DVCs Mejia TPP Read more
- UAE's Adnoc to store crude in India'sstrategic facility; to give two-third of oil for free Read more
- Coal India Ltd invites bids from firms for third party coal sampling Read more