Coal News We love to talk!
To reduce pollution and the temperature levels, the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) is planning to introduce electric buses on Tirumala Hills.
Trial run of the first electric bus from Tirupati to Tirumala will begin soon. RTC officials have also made proposals to operate eco-friendly buses on other routes, including the AP Capital.
Another electric bus will make the trial run from Gannavaram airport to the AP Secretariat. China-based BYD Company Limited has agreed to supply the buses and two buses have already been delivered. “We want to test the feasibility of these energy-efficient buses. Then we will introduce the remaining buses for the convenience of the pilgrims to Venkateswara Swamy temple,” said APSRTC Vice-Chairman and Managing Director M. Malakondaiah on Monday.
These buses need separate infrastructure for charging, for which the officials are making arrangements. The two buses will shuttle between Tirupati and Tirumala and Gannavaram airport to Velagapudi. “RTC will check the charging, safety, mileage and other aspects during the trial run of the buses. The electric buses are in our garages,” Mr. Malakondaiah told The Hindu.
TTD nod awaited
According to Executive Director (operations) G. Jaya Rao, the bus which will be operated to the AP Secretariat is 12 metres long and to the one to Tirumala is nine metres.
The 12-metre length bus will take six hours to get fully charged and can be operated for 200 km on a single charge. Electric buses are charged at high voltage and trained drivers from BYD Company will operate the buses. The corporation is waiting for Tirumala Tirupati Devastanams (TTD’s) nod for operating the bus to Tirumala.
- 100-GW solar power target can be achieved, says Ministry of New and Renewable Energy joint secretary Read more
- MNRE notified the report on Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cells in India Read more
- Anil Agarwal rules out raising offer price for oil firm Cairn Read more
- ONGC sets higher gas output target Read more
- I-T dept sells shares of Cairn Energy to recover retrospective tax Read more
- Azure Power bags NTPC solar power projects Read more
- India, Russia finalise agreement on units 5, 6 at Kudankulam Read more
- Solar firm SkyPower looking for local partners in India Read more
- Oil below $102, biggest monthly fall in two years Read more
- CCI to probe Great Eastern Energy for unfair biz practices Read more