Power News We love to talk!
Kolkata-based Techno Electric & Engineering Ltd, which has over 100 MW of wind power projects in Tamil Nadu, says things are looking better in the state.
The company, like other wind power producers in Tamil Nadu, has been affected by the lack of sufficient evacuation lines in the state to transmit electricity from the windmills to consumers.
“The plus point is, TNEB had got approval for enhancement of tariff on the condition that they would not be importing power anymore. This is positive for us,” Mr Pradeep Lohia, President (Finance), Techno Electric, told analysts in a conference call recently.
The Rs 820-croreTechno Electric has two lines of businesses — generation of wind power and execution of transmission and distribution projects for companies like the Power Grid Corporation of India.
It ended last year with a wind power capacity of 207 MW, half of which is in Tamil Nadu, through a subsidiary called Simran Wind Project Pvt Ltd.
Mr Joy Saxena, Director-Finance, Simran Wind Project told Business Line today that Techno Electric intends to add 150 MW of capacity. This capacity addition could come both by acquisition of existing wind assets, as well as by fresh installations.
There is around 550 MW of wind assets on sale in the market today, Mr Saxena said. He could not say when Techno Electric might close a deal because there are many negotiations happening, at various stages. But he said that the company would announce placing of orders for new machines in a months’ time.
Mr Pradeep Lohia said in the conference call that the company would like to have a wind asset portfolio of 1,200 MW in about six years.
He said that Techno Electric ended last year with orders on hand worth Rs 950 crore. Further, the company was the best bidder in two tenders of Power Grid Corporation of India for building three substations, he said. The jobs under these tenders are worth Rs 250 crore.
- Power Finance to raise $500 mn via overseas bonds sales Read more
- Army looks to tap renewables to supply power to jawans deployed at high altitudes Read more
- Indraprastha Gas to introduce CNG-run air conditioners Read more
- French President Francois Hollande hopes International Solar Alliance will help raise $1.3 billion by 2030 Read more
- N Chandrababu Naidu to declare Andhra Pradesh as 100% household electrification state Read more
- Su-Kam installs solar power system in houses in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Singareni to supply 7 mt coal to KPCL projects Read more
- PM reviews plan to fight TU strike Read more
- DERC approves PPA for TPDDLs 225 KW solar project at Pitampura Read more
- Solar power units at four schools commissioned Read more