Power News We love to talk!
Kolkata-based Techno Electric & Engineering Ltd, which has over 100 MW of wind power projects in Tamil Nadu, says things are looking better in the state.
The company, like other wind power producers in Tamil Nadu, has been affected by the lack of sufficient evacuation lines in the state to transmit electricity from the windmills to consumers.
“The plus point is, TNEB had got approval for enhancement of tariff on the condition that they would not be importing power anymore. This is positive for us,” Mr Pradeep Lohia, President (Finance), Techno Electric, told analysts in a conference call recently.
The Rs 820-croreTechno Electric has two lines of businesses — generation of wind power and execution of transmission and distribution projects for companies like the Power Grid Corporation of India.
It ended last year with a wind power capacity of 207 MW, half of which is in Tamil Nadu, through a subsidiary called Simran Wind Project Pvt Ltd.
Mr Joy Saxena, Director-Finance, Simran Wind Project told Business Line today that Techno Electric intends to add 150 MW of capacity. This capacity addition could come both by acquisition of existing wind assets, as well as by fresh installations.
There is around 550 MW of wind assets on sale in the market today, Mr Saxena said. He could not say when Techno Electric might close a deal because there are many negotiations happening, at various stages. But he said that the company would announce placing of orders for new machines in a months’ time.
Mr Pradeep Lohia said in the conference call that the company would like to have a wind asset portfolio of 1,200 MW in about six years.
He said that Techno Electric ended last year with orders on hand worth Rs 950 crore. Further, the company was the best bidder in two tenders of Power Grid Corporation of India for building three substations, he said. The jobs under these tenders are worth Rs 250 crore.
- Power cuts affecting trade, business Read more
- RBI says eight states issued about Rs99,000 crore discom bonds in FY16 Read more
- `Power sector should be given priority in gas allocation' Read more
- NHPC to invest Rs 3,000 crore on solar and wind projects Read more
- Prabhu panel for earlier Case-2 power project bid norms, with riders Read more
- India's solar energy capacity expanded by record 5,525 MW Read more
- Himachal Pradesh fails to attract bids for hydel project Read more
- Green power gets a big push Read more
- Wait for Kudankulam power ends; unit 1 linked to grid Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises $50 million in debt from Yes Bank Read more