Power News We love to talk!
Citing the huge demand for oil and gas in the country, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed on the need to tap renewable energy.
Renewable energy was a major solution in fighting climate change and meet the increasing energy demand in the country, he said in an interaction with the students of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) here. Naidu said IIPE intended to promote the quality and excellence of the education and research in the petroleum and hydrocarbons and it plans to fill in the skill gap in the oil and gas sector.
He appealed the youngsters to bridge the rural and urban divde through development, discussion and dialogue. The vice-president said the central and state governments should work together as a team for the all-round development of the states.
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- Great Eastern Shipping arm incorporates Greatship Oilfield Read more
- Oil price probe widens, senator wants Justice Department help Read more
- Decision on D6 block may take time as DGH, contractors are split on key issues Read more
- GLOBAL LNG-Prices rise on Indian and South Korean demand Read more
- ONGC oil production inches upwards after a 7-year decline Read more
- Oil and gas fields EoIs: As deadline ends, ONGC, Cairn India emerge on top Read more
- Cabinet okays pact on clean energy with Portugal; Working group to discuss cooperation Read more
- GAIL, NTPC and Petronet LNG aim to regain ground in Sri Lanka Read more
- Govt's plan to segregate power supply may need Rs1 trillion Read more