Power News We love to talk!
Citing the huge demand for oil and gas in the country, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed on the need to tap renewable energy.
Renewable energy was a major solution in fighting climate change and meet the increasing energy demand in the country, he said in an interaction with the students of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) here. Naidu said IIPE intended to promote the quality and excellence of the education and research in the petroleum and hydrocarbons and it plans to fill in the skill gap in the oil and gas sector.
He appealed the youngsters to bridge the rural and urban divde through development, discussion and dialogue. The vice-president said the central and state governments should work together as a team for the all-round development of the states.
- Petro-chemical complex would be set up in Andhra Pradesh this fiscal: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- To meet renewable energy targets, states to buy wind power from TN Read more
- Bengal govt plans small solar parks Read more
- India should buy overseas oil and gas assets aggressively: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Kolkata firm to help NHPC set up floating 50-mw solar power plant in Kerala Read more
- Oil & gas cos hope govt will let market decide gas pricing Read more
- KSEB to take solar route to overcome power crisis Read more
- Hyderabad planners' body calls for preparing climate change policy Read more
- BP-RIL tie-up likely for fuel retail venture Read more
- Indian Oil eyes $1.5 billion savings with own plant technology Read more