Power News We love to talk!
Citing the huge demand for oil and gas in the country, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed on the need to tap renewable energy.
Renewable energy was a major solution in fighting climate change and meet the increasing energy demand in the country, he said in an interaction with the students of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) here. Naidu said IIPE intended to promote the quality and excellence of the education and research in the petroleum and hydrocarbons and it plans to fill in the skill gap in the oil and gas sector.
He appealed the youngsters to bridge the rural and urban divde through development, discussion and dialogue. The vice-president said the central and state governments should work together as a team for the all-round development of the states.
- India plans five $5 billion green energy funds Read more
- Odisha requests PM to set up Naphtha Cracker unit Read more
- Eighteen firms bid to supply wind power in GUVNL auction Read more
- Mytrah Energy posts revenues of $362 million Read more
- International solar alliance will unlock opportunities for private sector: Ashok Lavasa, Environment secretary Read more
- OilMin wants BP to furnish bank guarantee for ATF licence Read more
- BPL consumers also eligible for 12 LPG cylinders Read more
- Lok Sabha passes bill to establish petroleum and energy institute Read more
- ONGC accuses DGH of not discharging its duty Read more
- Railways to reduce energy bill considerably Read more