Power News We love to talk!
Citing the huge demand for oil and gas in the country, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed on the need to tap renewable energy.
Renewable energy was a major solution in fighting climate change and meet the increasing energy demand in the country, he said in an interaction with the students of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) here. Naidu said IIPE intended to promote the quality and excellence of the education and research in the petroleum and hydrocarbons and it plans to fill in the skill gap in the oil and gas sector.
He appealed the youngsters to bridge the rural and urban divde through development, discussion and dialogue. The vice-president said the central and state governments should work together as a team for the all-round development of the states.
- India ready to fully finance carbon capture technology: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Intense bidding war for 500-MW solar capacity in Telangana Read more
- Little gas left at two ONGC blocks; fuel flows to RIL Read more
- Hike of 60 per cent in LPG scheme target fuels investor fears Read more
- Government bails out ONGC, Oil India of Rs 22,000 crore royalty liability Read more
- Nalco, Sail agree to go for out-of-court settlement of ED issue Read more
- Mozambique invites Indian companies to invest; seeks stronger ties Read more
- Demand for India solar credits rises to four-month high Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- Reliance Industries-ONGC gas theft row: Report set to get delayed Read more