Power News We love to talk!
India may not see power tariff auction for wind-solar hybrid projects or common bidding for power projects in near future, said a top official of Siemens Gamesa India on Thursday. In recent times, the Central and state governments have been offering wind and solar power projects based on tariff auction, that is, to those who quote lowest power tariff.
Siemens Gamesa India Chairman and Managing Director Ramesh Kymal told reporters here that tariff auctioning may not happen for hybrid projects. He said the state governments have to draft suitable tariff policy taking into account the costs involved in wind and solar parts of hybrid renewable power projects. "Now existing wind farms are getting converted into hybrid power farms."
The official also said that common bidding of projects regardless of the technology -- wind or solar or hybrid -- may not happen soon in the country as the field should first be levelled out. He added that auctioning of wind power projects has started picking up.
Meanwhile, the Indian company's global parent Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy considers India a very important market not only for selling wind turbines but also for sourcing components likes blades. "India is a major market for onshore wind power projects," Markus Tacke, CEO of the Euro 11 billion revenue Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, told reporters. He said India will remain a key market for years to come.
According to Tacke, the global wind market dynamics are changing and so is India. "Hence, it is imperative for us to respond to the market with more agility, better products and comprehensive digital intelligence which will set us to the path for strong profitable growth," Tacke said. Kymal said the Indian company ships out windmill blades to Mexico and is the market leader in Sri Lanka.
- PowerGrid seeks nod to raise Rs. 13,000 crore Read more
- Electricity Bill focusses on renewable energy Read more
- Gadkari to inaugurate VPTs solar power plant today Read more
- Mumbai power discom discovers power theft through remote control Read more
- Huge opportunity for US to export LNG to India, China: IEA chief Read more
- Coal committee for linkage to 1,800 MW power generation units Read more
- MNRE: Commissioning status of Grid Connected Solar Power Projects under JNNSM for the year 2013-14 Read more
- Delhi Dialogue Commission bats for generation of 1 GW solar power by 2020 Read more
- PowerGrid to develop transmission line for IPPs Read more
- BHELs Raichur Power project turns costlier by Rs. 3,760 crore Read more