Coal News We love to talk!
The Chief Minister, Mr Oommen Chandy, met with stakeholders to discuss modalities of laying the gas pipeline between Kochi and NTPC's Kayamkulam power plant. Officials from Gail, which is laying the pipeline, and NTPC were present on the occasion.
They discussed issues relating to bottlenecks, safety, land acquisition and compensation. Mr Chandy directed the officials to identify a ‘safe corridor' for the pipeline by sparing densely populated areas. The meeting decided that donors of land would be compensated up to 30 per cent above the market rates. Regulators will be incorporated at one for every 16 km of the pipeline. Follow-up discussions in the matter have been scheduled for Monday.
- TS to get solar power park, NTPC plant Read more
- Economic Survey 2016: Simplify power tariff structure with two-three categories Read more
- Haryana Power Generation Corp aims to further cut generation cost Read more
- Centre dials LIC to save Indian Oil stake sale Read more
- NTPC seeks first coal imports in four years as supply issues bite Read more
- Units commissioned in Nov&-039;11 Read more
- PXIL ropes in M G Raoot as chief executive officer Read more
- Coal quality: Power companies take Coal India, subsidiaries to task Read more
- Prime Minister Launched Jawaharlal Nehru Solar Mission Read more
- Stones in coal cost NTPC over Rs 11,000 crore per year Read more