Coal News We love to talk!
The Chief Minister, Mr Oommen Chandy, met with stakeholders to discuss modalities of laying the gas pipeline between Kochi and NTPC's Kayamkulam power plant. Officials from Gail, which is laying the pipeline, and NTPC were present on the occasion.
They discussed issues relating to bottlenecks, safety, land acquisition and compensation. Mr Chandy directed the officials to identify a ‘safe corridor' for the pipeline by sparing densely populated areas. The meeting decided that donors of land would be compensated up to 30 per cent above the market rates. Regulators will be incorporated at one for every 16 km of the pipeline. Follow-up discussions in the matter have been scheduled for Monday.
- Power Min asks Coal Min to change penalty clause in fuel pacts Read more
- NTPC: From toilets to turbines Read more
- Puducherry to derive Rs 378 crore net benefit through UDAY Read more
- FinMin to meet banks over increasing fund flow to renewable energy sector Read more
- NTPC to move coal thru waterways Read more
- BHEL bags order to set up power plant in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Rail Min in touch with Coal Min, power utilities to ensure coal availability at plants Read more
- Unit-3 (500 MW) of Vallur TPP of NTECL (NTPC Tamil Nadu Energy Company Limited) may inject infirm power till COD (15th October 2014) Read more
- Over 14,000 MW hydro power capacity is under execution: Central Electricity Authority Read more
- Solar power rates have not fallen in the past 18 months: Bridge to India Read more