Coal News We love to talk!
Audi has been working on launching three all-new EVs that it plans to launch globally by 2020. And if the infrastructure is ready in India till then, Audi India might bring one of those models in the country as well. We believe that should not be difficult considering the government ambitious plan of having only electric vehicles in India by 2030. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari too has confirmed it at the seventh annual SIAM convention last year.
In an interview to PTI, Rahil Ansari, head, Audi India, mentioned, "Globally Audi will launch three EVs until 2020. We will be ready to launch a EV in 2019-2020 in India but for that charging infrastructure needs to be there," He further added, "It will depend (introduction of EVs) in terms how far the infrastructure has developed. If the infrastructure is ready we will make a decision of launching in India otherwise we will have to delay it"
The German car manufacturer has already started working on that front and aims to have 30 percent market share by 2025 in EVs. And will introduce one EV every year starting from 2020. Audi took the 2018 Geneva Motor Show as a platform to showcase their first all-electric e-tron SUV prototype. Before the SUV enters full fledged production, Audi will be making 250 development vehicles that will complete testing under extreme conditions worldwide.
Audi has not mentioned the driving range that it plans to achieve on its first all-electric offering but states that it will have "a range suitable for everyday use.". The production version of the Audi e-tron launches on the European market at the end of 2018
- Up to 10% of CIL offer for sale may be set for staff Read more
- IREDA, RVNL, IRCON among 3 dozen companies lined up Rs 35,000 cr public offers Read more
- BPCL - Still a gusher Read more
- Coal production surges 11% in first 45 days of 2015-16 amid core sector misery Read more
- Direct LPG subsidy transfer from June Read more
- Gamesa wins 100-MW wind power project from Hero Group Read more
- Gujarat government firm seeks $13 gas price Read more
- Solar power companies look to gain from El Nino Read more
- Prices fall further in Indias mega smart meter sourcing programme Read more
- Madhya Pradesh woos global investors with mega solar project Read more