Coal News We love to talk!
The ambitious 5,000 megawatt solar park to be set up in the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR), has received approval from the ministry of new and renewable energy. The tender for the first 1,000MW will be floated soon.
“We got approval from the Union ministry of new and renewable energy for the solar park on Thursday. With this, the tender for the first phase of the solar park is set to be out in June itself. The next phase will be undertaken in the subsequent months,” said Jai Prakash Shivhare, managing director of Dholera Industrial City Development Corporation Ltd (DICC).
Dholera, 110km from Ahmedabad, is now set to have the country’s largest solar park. Earlier this month, the state government gave in-principle approval to the project, which will come up on 11,000 hectares of land along the Gulf of Khambhat. The government projects that the park will attract investment of Rs 25,000 crore and generate employment for 20,000 people.
- JSW Energy eyeing stressed assets; may raise upto Rs 5,000 crore Read more
- CERC approves generation tariff of DVCs Mejia TPS Extension, Units 5&6 for 2009-2014 Read more
- Karnataka to end power deficit in a year: D K Shiva Kumar Read more
- African opportunities Read more
- Hareon Solar to make first India investment amid renewables boom Read more
- GAIL India to swap US LNG Read more
- High-voltage action likely in energy sector if Narendra Modi becomes next PM Read more
- Sembcorp in talks to take over Green Infra Read more
- JSW Energy: The making of a powerhouse Read more
- Varanasi will be India's first truly green cit Read more