Coal News We love to talk!
The ambitious 5,000 megawatt solar park to be set up in the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR), has received approval from the ministry of new and renewable energy. The tender for the first 1,000MW will be floated soon.
“We got approval from the Union ministry of new and renewable energy for the solar park on Thursday. With this, the tender for the first phase of the solar park is set to be out in June itself. The next phase will be undertaken in the subsequent months,” said Jai Prakash Shivhare, managing director of Dholera Industrial City Development Corporation Ltd (DICC).
Dholera, 110km from Ahmedabad, is now set to have the country’s largest solar park. Earlier this month, the state government gave in-principle approval to the project, which will come up on 11,000 hectares of land along the Gulf of Khambhat. The government projects that the park will attract investment of Rs 25,000 crore and generate employment for 20,000 people.
- Uttar Pradesh cancels July 10 solar auction on high tariff Read more
- Tax dispute stalls India solar panel cargoes, delaying projects Read more
- MNRE proposes reduced commissioning period for solar power projects Read more
- In the matter of Suo-Motu Proceeding on the Policy Review in matters related to Wind Power Read more
- Encana, PetroChina take $2.2 billion stab at joint venture Read more
- After imposing tariffs, US offers $3 million prize to boost solar manufacturing Read more
- Mumbai discoms gear up for scorching summer, expect 10% rise in peak power demand Read more
- LED lamp production up 30 times to 3 crore a month Read more
- Suzlon Energy rated Buy by HSBC; heres why Read more
- MERC verifies the compliance of RPO targets by MSEDCL for 2013-14 Read more