Coal News We love to talk!
The ambitious 5,000 megawatt solar park to be set up in the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR), has received approval from the ministry of new and renewable energy. The tender for the first 1,000MW will be floated soon.
“We got approval from the Union ministry of new and renewable energy for the solar park on Thursday. With this, the tender for the first phase of the solar park is set to be out in June itself. The next phase will be undertaken in the subsequent months,” said Jai Prakash Shivhare, managing director of Dholera Industrial City Development Corporation Ltd (DICC).
Dholera, 110km from Ahmedabad, is now set to have the country’s largest solar park. Earlier this month, the state government gave in-principle approval to the project, which will come up on 11,000 hectares of land along the Gulf of Khambhat. The government projects that the park will attract investment of Rs 25,000 crore and generate employment for 20,000 people.
- Kirloskar Solar plans to strengthen presence in Kerala, set up 200 Mw capacity Read more
- Coal to add Rs 95,000 crore to govt coffers as clean energy cess by 2020 Read more
- Proposed policy to push solar UMPPs of 3,000 MW & above Read more
- BGR Energy enters water treatment biz Read more
- Hydro power generation picks up on sufficient monsoon rainfall Read more
- Renewable energy firm Bhoruka Power in talks to raise $120 million Read more
- PM Modi thanks Qatar for contributing in India's energy security Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- Solar energy generation for brighter India-Saudi Arabia business: SIBN Read more
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more