Power News We love to talk!
NTPC today inked a pact with Bihar and its power utilities to acquire their entire stake in two joint ventures at Nabinagar and Kanti, and to buy Barauni thermal plant.
The transactions would enable NTPC to have 100 per cent stake in Nabinagar and Kanti JV projects, which is part the company's broad objective of acquiring state-owned generation units across the country.
The company has not disclosed consideration for these acquisitions under the MoU. The MoU envisages transfer of Barauni Thermal Power Station and transfer of the BSPGCL equity (27.36 per cent) in Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Ltd (KBUNL) and (50 per cent equity) in Nabinagar Power Generating Company, to NTPC.
The Nabinagar Power Generating Company (NPGC) is a 50:50 JV of NTPC and BSPGCL
KBUNL is a subsidiary of NTPC in JV with BSPGCL. Currently NTPC and BSPGCL own 72.64 per cent and 27.36 per cent equity holding in KBUNL, respectively.
Post transaction, the Barauni plant will become part of NTPC portfolio and KBUNL and NPGC will become wholly-owned subsidiaries of NTPC, it added.
- RINL inks pact with Andhra Pradesh Govt for Rs. 38,500-cr investment Read more
- Phase three of coal mines auction with JSPL, Hindalco, Vedanta to begin tomorrow Read more
- Power cuts back in suburbs, Thane, Navi Mumbai Read more
- Kerosene Subsidy Likely to Decline 25% this Fiscal Year Read more
- As captive coal production dwindles, Centre mulls option to take back mines Read more
- First vessel berths at Kochi LNG terminal Read more
- Scheme for Advance Payment of electricity bills by consumers in Bihar Read more
- Power engineers stage dharna at KTPS Read more
- Coal sector regulator: GoM likely to meet meet on May 6 Read more
- Coal supplies zoom, but shortage at IPPs keeps power tariff high Read more