Power News We love to talk!
The Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) has once again extended the last date for submitting bids for supplying wind power to the state-run company.
This is the fourth time the deadline has been extended ever since GUVNL floated a tender in February to procure 500 MW wind power through competitive bidding.
The last date for wind power developers to place their bids was May 14, which has now been extended to June 15. “The wind developers raised certain issues related to land and connectivity. Apart from this, few other developers sought extension in time-line, following which the deadline has been extended,” said sources privy to the development.
“GUVNL is in the process of examining the issues raised by the prospective bidders,” sources added. GUVNL in February had invited bids to procure 500MW of power from grid connected wind power projects.
Originally, the last date for bid submission was April 4. The deadline, however, was first extended to April 17 on request of bidders. Thereafter, the deadline has been extended thrice for one or the other reasons.
- NTPC on Forbes list of world's largest and most powerful public companies Read more
- AP calls for Amaravati buildings to be energy efficient Read more
- Will 50% discount on electricity transmission charges hook solar investors to Rajasthan? Read more
- CPP Investment Board to buy 15 per cent in ReNew Power Ventures Read more
- Preparations on for launching Kudankulam Unit-2 Nuclear plant Read more
- Renewables outpace nuclear in economies making up 45% of world population: Report Read more
- GIC, ADIA to put $450 million into Greenko Read more
- MERC issues regulations to cover the revived Dabhol project Read more
- Govt working to make obligations under power purchase pacts binding: Power Minister Read more
- Tata Power to sell coal company PT Arutmin stake for $247 million Read more