Power News We love to talk!
The Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) has once again extended the last date for submitting bids for supplying wind power to the state-run company.
This is the fourth time the deadline has been extended ever since GUVNL floated a tender in February to procure 500 MW wind power through competitive bidding.
The last date for wind power developers to place their bids was May 14, which has now been extended to June 15. “The wind developers raised certain issues related to land and connectivity. Apart from this, few other developers sought extension in time-line, following which the deadline has been extended,” said sources privy to the development.
“GUVNL is in the process of examining the issues raised by the prospective bidders,” sources added. GUVNL in February had invited bids to procure 500MW of power from grid connected wind power projects.
Originally, the last date for bid submission was April 4. The deadline, however, was first extended to April 17 on request of bidders. Thereafter, the deadline has been extended thrice for one or the other reasons.
- Micro-grid firms look to govt for support Read more
- ReNew Power receives $140 million equity funding, to go public by next year Read more
- Railways step up efforts to electrify more routes to save energy cost Read more
- Government plans to merge all state-run hydropower firms; thermal projects may be transferred to NTPC Read more
- CERC revokes Trading Licenses of Green Fields Power & Gemac Engineering Read more
- Reliance Power to raise Rs 4,400 crore for Arunachal power plant Read more
- Rajasthan will become shakti peeth of India in energy sector: Pradhan Read more
- Vedanta firms up clean energy plans for India Read more
- TN loses 600MW more from North Chennai thermal unit Read more
- UP turns focus to solar power, to generate 10,700 MW by 2022 Read more