Coal News We love to talk!
The Aam Aadmi Party slammed the one paisa cut in fuel prices, saying it was a "cruel joke" played on the people of the country by a "sadist" government.
Petrol and diesel prices were today cut by one paisa per litre each, the first reduction after 16 days of relentless price hikes. AAP leader Raghav Chadha accused the Modi government of "adding salt to injury" by reducing the fuel prices by one paisa per litre. He termed the move "a cruel joke"on the plight of fellow countrymen.
Chadha said when the Modi government came to power in May 2014, international crude oil was at USD 108 per barrel and subsequently it fell down to less than USD 27 per barrel, but the petrol and diesel prices were been reduced.
"The benefit of such massive reduction in international prices never passed on to consumers. In fact, Modi ji has increased excise duty of Petrol by more than 200 per cent, and excise duty on Diesel by more than 440 per cent since May 2014. This is a day light robbery," Chadha told reporters.
"Today's move of reducing the fuel prices by 1 paisa per litre is a cruel joke played on the people of India. It appears, Modi government gets sadistic pleasure by doing such things. This government is clearly sadist," he alleged. The AAP leader also said the fuel prices in neighbouring countries were much .
- 400,000 Tripura families to get free cooking gas connections under Ujjwala Read more
- Power supply: Prabhu panel for state-specific models Read more
- Videocon says consortium discovers new oil in Brazil block Read more
- RERC Notified the Order of determination and approval of Cross Subsidy Surcharge for the FY 16-17 Read more
- Indias 2016 fuel sales growth highest in at least 16 years Read more
- Cairndrills 1st exploration well on Rajasthan block Read more
- RPower calls off deal with JP over tariff issues Read more
- Govt to sell 10% stake in Coal India Read more
- Government invites bids from bankers for stake sale in OIL India Read more
- Rel Infra arm ties up with US firm for oil field services Read more