Coal News We love to talk!
The government has invited applications from state-run companies for allotment of nine coal mines for captive power generation and commercial use.
The Nodal Authority, under the coal ministry, has invited applications seeking allotment of two coal mines to state public sector undertakings for the purpose of sale of coal. Applications for another seven coal mines for captive power generation have also been invited.
Of the seven reserved for power generation, one is proposed to be allotted under ultra mega power projects model where the state calls tariff-based competitive bids and the lowest bidding firm is awarded the coal block for power generation.
- Oil Country Tubular to relocate plant from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Coal India to go for imports to fuel power plants Read more
- JSERC reviews JUSCOs tariff order for 2013-14 Read more
- Government for Rs 1-crore penalty on entities violating Electricity Act Read more
- Mahanadi Coalfields to submit report on thermal power foray Read more
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to go green with solar power Read more
- KG Basin gas supply: SMEs await completion of crucial pipeline Read more
- IOC gets regulators nod for Ennore LNG pipeline Read more
- Coal, power ministries at loggerheads over 7 blocks that remain unused for 9 months after allocation Read more
- India and China can influence crude oil pricing: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more