Coal News We love to talk!
Engineering major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) today said its construction arm has bagged orders worth Rs 2,210 crore across business segments in the domestic market. L&T said its water and effluent treatment business has secured orders worth Rs 2,044 crore.
"A major turnkey order has been received from Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA), Government of Madhya Pradesh, for the execution of Narmada - Kshipra multipurpose project to lift 15 cumecs of water from the Omkareshwar reservoir, of which 10 cumecs will help bring 30,000 Hectares of land under irrigation.
"The remaining 5 cumecs of water will cater to domestic and industrial use in the Dewas, Ujjain and Shajapur districts of Madhya Pradesh" the company said in a BSE filing.
It has also received an order from Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) for the execution of an Integrated Effluent Treatment Plant (IETP) for Visakh refinery modernisation project at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, its heavy civil infrastructure business has also won orders worth Rs 166 crore.
- NLC Ltd to add 6,820 Mw of power at cost of Rs 27,740 crore Read more
- Odisha, Tamil Nadu UMPPs to be linked to surplus coal policy Read more
- Indian Oil plans $2.4 bn ethanol investment Read more
- Wind energy sector feels the heat as solar steals limelight Read more
- Government re-negotiating with HPCL on oil refinery: Vasundhara Raje Read more
- Government moots single entity for oil sector safety, installations Read more
- Brent crude falls to $103 per barrel Read more
- India Economic Conclave 2014: Entire country to have 24x7 power supply by 2019, says Power Minister Piyush Goyal Read more
- RIL warns on US shale slowdown, refining lifts profit Read more
- Sudan holds up ONGC Videsh oil field licence extension Read more