Coal News We love to talk!
Members of parliamentary consultative committee of central government’s ministry of urban development are on a visit to the city. The committee members on Friday visited a number of projects being implemented under ‘Smart City Mission’ by the Surat Municipal Corporation. SMC would be implementing development works to the tune of Rs 2,908 crore under it. So far, 14 projects have been completed and 31 are under implementation stage. Process is on to issue tenders for the remaining 13 projects under the Smart City Mission.
Minister of state (independent charge) for housing and urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri led the delegation, which visited nearly eight projects being implemented under the Surat Smart City Mission. The delegation saw tertiary treatment plant, smart dustbins in Limbayat, solar energy plant, vertical gardens, housing project at Parvat, BRTS road and BRTS model station in Adajan, Fort and command and control system at SMC’s main building.
Municipal commissioner M Thennarasan told TOI, “The delegation comprised six MPs and CEOs of seven cities among others. The members of the delegation were quite impressed with the ongoing and completed projects. The Delhi Municipal Corporation would be replicating the smart dustbin project in the capital city. Nearly 75 smart dustbins would be installed there before July-end.”
The Union minister wanted SMC to expedite the Integrated Traffic Control System (ITCS) project in the city. He also wanted helmets to be made compulsory in the city for two- wheeler riders.
The team viewed presentations given by the CEOs of Pune, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar, New Delhi and Surat on the work being undertaken in their respective cities under the Smart City Mission. This is first time that a parliamentary consultative committee on Smart City Mission is visiting Surat.
- Centre plans retreat for top officials to discuss energy needs Read more
- Borg Energy to invest $45 m in India Read more
- Naxal-hit village gets electricity for the first time Read more
- After solar energy, focus is now on hydro, wind, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- Government commitment on clean power buoys participates at RE-Invest 2015 Read more
- International body pats India for its transition to combat climate change Read more
- Order on Renewable Energy Obligation Regulation 2nd Amendment Read more
- Govt, Coal India to help in treatment of kids suffering from thalassaemia Read more
- CBI probe in 33 out of total 53 coal scam cases pending: Govt Read more
- Third largest wind turbine manufacturer Inox Wind protests insolvency order Read more