Coal News We love to talk!
Members of parliamentary consultative committee of central government’s ministry of urban development are on a visit to the city. The committee members on Friday visited a number of projects being implemented under ‘Smart City Mission’ by the Surat Municipal Corporation. SMC would be implementing development works to the tune of Rs 2,908 crore under it. So far, 14 projects have been completed and 31 are under implementation stage. Process is on to issue tenders for the remaining 13 projects under the Smart City Mission.
Minister of state (independent charge) for housing and urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri led the delegation, which visited nearly eight projects being implemented under the Surat Smart City Mission. The delegation saw tertiary treatment plant, smart dustbins in Limbayat, solar energy plant, vertical gardens, housing project at Parvat, BRTS road and BRTS model station in Adajan, Fort and command and control system at SMC’s main building.
Municipal commissioner M Thennarasan told TOI, “The delegation comprised six MPs and CEOs of seven cities among others. The members of the delegation were quite impressed with the ongoing and completed projects. The Delhi Municipal Corporation would be replicating the smart dustbin project in the capital city. Nearly 75 smart dustbins would be installed there before July-end.”
The Union minister wanted SMC to expedite the Integrated Traffic Control System (ITCS) project in the city. He also wanted helmets to be made compulsory in the city for two- wheeler riders.
The team viewed presentations given by the CEOs of Pune, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar, New Delhi and Surat on the work being undertaken in their respective cities under the Smart City Mission. This is first time that a parliamentary consultative committee on Smart City Mission is visiting Surat.
- India's coal consumption grew fastest in the world in 2014: BP Read more
- Tender to buy 1,000-mw short-term power soon Read more
- Most states now tax petrol consumption more than Centre Read more
- Oil India, BPCL to issue bonds for Russian buy Read more
- Protest against Mahan coal mining this week: Greenpeace Read more
- Home ministry plans to drive in electric vehicles, replace diesel Read more
- No official letter or directive from centre to cut prices: HPCL Read more
- Lanco says power plant to shut down if gas supplies dwindle Read more
- As Karnataka stares at election year, water shortage pushes govt to power purchase to stave darkness Read more
- Claro Energy targets solar-based pumping in talks with VCs for funding Read more